Detailing World Forum banner

CURRENT cheap alternatives to DAS6pro

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rik220 
#1 ·
Been here a long time but life got in the way and haven't got round to buying a DA.

Last time I remember reading a 180page thread (viper?) about alternatives that you can buy for £20 instead of a DAS6PRO (the standard entry level at the time) but those offers and links are long dead.

I see a clas ohlson one being mentioned and argos one. I see b and Q still do a Mac 450 w.

I have a Audi with a lot of swirls but also some places have scratches which will need correction.

I understand doing a whole car a machine will save me some hours time (time is money!) so I have no problem spending on a DAS6pro but are there genuine cheap alternatives?

I remember from my previous research that none of the cheaper ones have the same power (so no good for really correcting a certain scratched area) or there were compromises with for example the throw (5mm 8mm etc). Or worse still only had 150mm plate whereas the DAS allows you to put on various plates so I can use 4" for harder areas (mu audi tt is fairly curvy ).

So what are the current cheap contenders if any please?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.