Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #241
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Also look at the EasyWash 365 trigger gun on the malcleanse site - its sometimes cheaper than buying the ST2300/2600 elsewhere and has LFT and swivel

Last edited by percymon; 11-04-2018 at 01:28 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
MiGomes (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #242
Grin
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiGomes View Post
This is what I have in mind: Option with gun with integrated swivel. Version with individual swivel comes almost 50£ more... Dont know if it is worth it, since I expect the OEM gun will not be put to use that much...

Also, is it worth it to upgrade the gun from ST2300 to ST2600 (LTF and ceramic ball valve)? Another 20£ or so...
For the Kranzle OEM gun connection, looks like you have 3/8" going into 1/4". I'm sure it's just a typo, but I'm a pedantry fanatic.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #243
Grin
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Also look at the EasyWash 365 trigger gun on the malcleanse site - its sometimes cheaper than buying the ST2300/2600 elsewhere and has LFT and swivel
Is this a worthy alternative to the much-vaunted Mosmatic? It's around half the price, and I do worry that spending a few hundred quid on HP parts alone is a sign of madness, so may be a better option.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #244
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I can't comment either way, my EW365 is too new to judge, and I've no experience of Mosmatic.

Mosmatic guns are based on Suttner with modifications - how big those mods are, and what difference they make i wouldn;t like to say - if you are washing 5 cars a week or more then perhaps any upgraded internal quality might present itself with less long term maintenance.

I bought the EW365 on the basis of the LFT, and the swivel - i'm happy to do without the Mosmatic swivel until my experience tells me otherwise

If you are using the Kranzle trigger gun anyway, and only using the second trigger as a stubby gun set up then how much use/wear are they going to get in 2-3 years use ?

Of course , some people just like to buy the best they can within the confines of their budget / stretch budget

Last edited by percymon; 11-04-2018 at 02:03 PM.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 01:58 PM   #245
MiGomes
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grin View Post
For the Kranzle OEM gun connection, looks like you have 3/8" going into 1/4". I'm sure it's just a typo, but I'm a pedantry fanatic.
Thanks for the comment. 14 mm is the internal diameter needed for the M22Male to 3/8"Male adapter. The oring must seal against the adapter inside wall, that must also be 14 mm I think.

edit: You said gun and not hose! Sorry, yes, it is a typo
MiGomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM   #246
MBRuss
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
I can't comment either way, my EW365 is too new to judge, and I've no experience of Mosmatic.

Mosmatic guns are based on Suttner with modifications - how big those mods are, and what difference they make i wouldn;t like to say - if you are washing 5 cars a week or more then perhaps any upgraded internal quality might present itself with less long term maintenance.

I bought the EW365 on the basis of the LFT, and the swivel - i'm happy to do without the Mosmatic swivel until my experience tells me otherwise

If you are using the Kranzle trigger gun anyway, and only using the second trigger as a stubby gun set up then how much use/wear are they going to get in 2-3 years use ?

Of course , some people just like to buy the best they can within the confines of their budget / stretch budget
I would suspect that the modification is "Mosmatic" stamped on the blue piece rather than Suttner.

The Suttner stuff is very high quality and rated to pressures far higher than any of our little machines can produce, and the one I have has the ceramic ball and LTF trigger. I'd be surprised if Mosmatic tore it apart and changed the internals as I doubt the need is there with such a high quality gun. The little blue shape on the side of the gun with the branding on it seems like the most likely modification!

Steelghost, where did you get your stubby variable nozzle from? Wouldn't mind one to go in the end of my gun, but all I can find on eBay is turbo nozzles.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 PM   #247
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,037 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRuss View Post
Steelghost, where did you get your stubby variable nozzle from? Wouldn't mind one to go in the end of my gun, but all I can find on eBay is turbo nozzles.
I got it made up by Kränzle (or actually, one of their dealers).

No reason you can't make your own though:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172789772757 - choose the right nozzle aperture

Male to male thread adapter - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F120880218015

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352087538407 + your choice of QR fitting - I've gone with a Kew bayonet in the link as that's what I have but you can add anything you want. For instance if you wanted to adapt the Vario nozzle to 11.6mm QR, you would just get something like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332395289721 and would not need the male to male adapter at all - it would screw directly into the back of the nozzle.

Use either plenty of PTFE tape (I go with about 7 turns for each joint) or dowty washers to ensure a pressure tight seal between each part, and nip them up with spanners before use.

Last edited by steelghost; 12-04-2018 at 10:58 AM. Reason: speeling
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
MBRuss (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 05:02 PM   #248
MBRuss
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I got it made up by Kränzle (or actually, one of their dealers).

No reason you can't make your own though:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F172789772757 - choose the right nozzle aperture

Male to male thread adapter - https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F120880218015

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F352087538407 + your choice of QR fitting - I've gone with a Kew bayonet in the link as that's what I have but you can add anything you want. For instance if you wanted to adapt the Vario nozzle to 11.6mm QR, you would just get something like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F332395289721 and would not need the male to male adapter at all - it would screw directly into the back of the nozzle.

Use either plenty of PTFE tape (I go with about 7 turns for each joint) or dowty washers to ensure a pressure tight seal between each part, and nip them up with spanners before use.
Cool, thanks. So just the vario bit (first link) and the little QR (last link) for me then?

Doesn't say that QR is stainless, so I'm guessing it's probably not? Looks like it's galvanized or something.

Old 12-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #249
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,037 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRuss View Post
Cool, thanks. So just the vario bit (first link) and the little QR (last link) for me then?

Doesn't say that QR is stainless, so I'm guessing it's probably not? Looks like it's galvanized or something.

That one looks to be zinc passivated to me. You can get stainless ones of course, but as you see they're considerably more expensive.

There's this one which is also not stainless, but a couple of quid cheaper than the first one I posted (which was the first one I found on eBay on my phone the other night).

You can also take a punt on something like this which looks like it might be stainless - assuming their pics are at all accurate! I have had good luck with stainless Kew bayonet fittings ordered from China though, so you might well be lucky. It'll take a couple of weeks to turn up but this is hardly surprising for the price!

Unless you really want it to be stainless, for car washing use I don't see any good reason to pay extra over a decent passivated mild steel item. That said, the price difference is large in % terms, but relatively small in absolute value, so get what you like, they'll all work fine

Last edited by steelghost; 12-04-2018 at 05:56 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
MBRuss (15-04-2018)
Old 15-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #250
MBRuss
PC Perfectionist

Thanks. I used my setup yesterday and didn't touch the lance. For me the stubby gun was fine for doing the whole car.

When I first plugged everything in and turned the tap on it sprouted leaks from two places. A bit of thread lock tape and all sorted. I didn't expect the bolt on Kranzle filter to leak. It's two plastic parts!

The other leak was the tap fitting on the tap itself. (New tap as well as pressure washer.)

I also have a small leak from one of the parts at the bottom of the gun, so that'll need additional tape. That came pre taped though, so need to have a look when I get chance.

Tags
diy, pressure, upgrade, washer