Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 25-02-2018, 12:58 PM   #41
paddyman
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Callum - you are a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad influence lol!

I just ordered the AR pump, Anti - vibration feet and QR hose couplings - will need to source hose and gun/lance etc but I'm in no rush.

It's complete overkill for my needs, but hopefully will see me 10+ years of service (my current Karcher is at least 12yrs old!). I missed the Kranzle group buy (again ) but going this route should give me Kranzle 1150 performance for Kranzle 1050 money
Hi guys, this is a really great idea. It has me very interested.

For a slight twist, rather than trying to move the AR pump about on a trolley, how would it perform if i hard plumbed it into my utility room, plugged in and attached to the floor?. I would then run a 30-35meter high pressure hose from it.

Then all i would need to move is the reel and lance to the front / back garden and press the trigger , much easier. Im sure there's other cleaning jobs around the house i would use it for if its quick to use.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by paddyman; 25-02-2018 at 09:04 PM.
paddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 08:28 PM   #42
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,037 Posts
Garage
You can set up any pressure washer as a static install, especially if you have a reel on the wall with a link hose to the PW outlet. This is pretty much what I've done with my Kränzle HD7.

That said, if you're intending to have a static install the bare pump and motor combos are particularly worth considering as you are not paying for wheels or even a chassis that you will not use. They also give you free choice of hose, gun etc as none are included.

35m of hose is enough that you will experience a certain amount of pressure drop, especially if a significant part of the hose is coiled up on the reel. That said, with a static install you don't always have much choice of where to put things. Look at DN 08 hose (ie with 8mm internal diameter) to minimise pressure drop.

Having a hose on a reel does make it much quicker to get the machine up and going, but be aware that you need to protect it from frost, even more than you would a normal hose pipe.

I don't think percymon has got his setup going yet, the combo he got seemed to be faulty and had to be sent back to Italy to be checked.

Last edited by steelghost; 25-02-2018 at 08:31 PM.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2018, 09:46 PM   #43
paddyman
Unwashed Member

Thanks SG, will definitely be using DN08 hose. I will measure up but i reckon 30m will be plenty. The utility room is indoors (same room as washing / dryer), frost wont be an issue.

They seem a great pump, according to the site they are 36kg in weight on their own. Im surprised perymon had issues with his.

If i go down this route i will definitely be pairing it with a quality hose / lance combo.

Very interesting project to scheme about.
paddyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 12:37 PM   #44
Soapybubbles
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I don't think percymon has got his setup going yet, the combo he got seemed to be faulty and had to be sent back to Italy to be checked.
Shame this news has put me off buying one.

Damian at Qwashers doesn't rate them at all and says parts availability is an issue too
Soapybubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2018, 12:57 PM   #45
percymon

Garage
Just to add..

I may have had a bad example, but story to date..

plumbed up to high pressure hose via quick release coupling on outlet, standard garden hose inlet (very good mains pressure/flow). Plugged directly into garage 13A socket with no other electrical items on the same circuit. Pulled gun trigger to allow any through flow from mains pressure. Switched unit on with the gun trigger depressed - immediately tripped the 16A type B mcb in the consumer unit. Tried several times with same result. Disconnected hoses and switched on for a few seconds, managed to get the pump to run in a 'dry' state.

Decided to swap the MCB out for a type C, on basis the unit was pulling a high load on initial start up. Tried again , only to blow the 13A fuse in the mains plug. This would suggest the unit was pulling well over 20A, perhaps as much as 60A based on the immediate fuse failure

At this point i decided it was time to talk/send back to Exchange Engineering - who kindly arranged for TNT to collect the unit (bear in mind it's 22Kg so I had no cheap courier option if i was paying !). Unit arrived back at E-E on 9th Feb, they sent it straight back to AR in Italy for test. Still waiting to hear from them, no update as of last Friday.

I should say that on initial delivery to me the stop start pressure switch housing was damaged, E-E sent out a complete switch unit following day, from which i just needed to replace the housing, so did not have to distrurb any wiring or open up the switch panel.

I do wonder whether there may be an issue with the capacitor, but with little time to meddle with it, and the risk of invalidating any warranty with my intervention I took the 'return for test' option.

I'm not desperate to get the unit back, and i hope they find a fault with the unit that explains my experiences. If I was detailing on a daily basis then clearly I'd be in a different place.

It'd be easy for me to say 'I should have bought a Kranzle' but if it is a faulty unit / damaged in transit then that could happen to any make/model with courier mishandling; so for the time being I'm keeping an open mind.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
Soapybubbles (26-02-2018), steelghost (26-02-2018)
Old 27-03-2018, 03:56 PM   #46
percymon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Just to add..

I may have had a bad example, but story to date..

plumbed up to high pressure hose via quick release coupling on outlet, standard garden hose inlet (very good mains pressure/flow). Plugged directly into garage 13A socket with no other electrical items on the same circuit. Pulled gun trigger to allow any through flow from mains pressure. Switched unit on with the gun trigger depressed - immediately tripped the 16A type B mcb in the consumer unit. Tried several times with same result. Disconnected hoses and switched on for a few seconds, managed to get the pump to run in a 'dry' state.

Decided to swap the MCB out for a type C, on basis the unit was pulling a high load on initial start up. Tried again , only to blow the 13A fuse in the mains plug. This would suggest the unit was pulling well over 20A, perhaps as much as 60A based on the immediate fuse failure

At this point i decided it was time to talk/send back to Exchange Engineering - who kindly arranged for TNT to collect the unit (bear in mind it's 22Kg so I had no cheap courier option if i was paying !). Unit arrived back at E-E on 9th Feb, they sent it straight back to AR in Italy for test. Still waiting to hear from them, no update as of last Friday.

I should say that on initial delivery to me the stop start pressure switch housing was damaged, E-E sent out a complete switch unit following day, from which i just needed to replace the housing, so did not have to distrurb any wiring or open up the switch panel.

I do wonder whether there may be an issue with the capacitor, but with little time to meddle with it, and the risk of invalidating any warranty with my intervention I took the 'return for test' option.

I'm not desperate to get the unit back, and i hope they find a fault with the unit that explains my experiences. If I was detailing on a daily basis then clearly I'd be in a different place.

It'd be easy for me to say 'I should have bought a Kranzle' but if it is a faulty unit / damaged in transit then that could happen to any make/model with courier mishandling; so for the time being I'm keeping an open mind.

To bring things to a close, the item was returned to Exchange Engineering, who sent it stright on to Annovi-Reverberi in Italy. After several weeks of chasing, with no update coming my way from Annovi, E-E gave me a full refund.

I'd have prefered to have known whether there was an issue with the machine and, if so, had a replacement machine -on paper its just what i wanted !

So I'm currently back on my 15 yr old ,pulsing but all original, Karcher K2. My 15m of quality high pressure hose, two Suttner trigger guns, various lances, swivels and quick releases all sat idle for now.

I keep looking at the Karcher K4/K5 in their outlet store, but think i'll just keep hanging on for the next Kranzle deal and get a K7/122
Old 02-04-2018, 11:25 PM   #47
percymon

Garage
And I've now ordered a HD7/122.

Will probably sell the standard Kranzle gun, standard lance, dirtkiller lance and the hose on eBay as I already have all the guns and hose that I need.
Old 16-04-2018, 10:47 PM   #48
cl0nd0n
Sponge Jockey

Also looking at a new PW and weighing up a Kranzle or a petrol. I like the idea of the K7/K10 as its small and quiet but with a petrol I could get anything from 15-20 ltr/min.

Any reason people seem to be going for K7 over K10? I thought the 10 ltr/min of the K10 would be beneficial?
cl0nd0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:01 AM   #49
percymon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cl0nd0n View Post
Also looking at a new PW and weighing up a Kranzle or a petrol. I like the idea of the K7/K10 as its small and quiet but with a petrol I could get anything from 15-20 ltr/min.

Any reason people seem to be going for K7 over K10? I thought the 10 ltr/min of the K10 would be beneficial?

K7 is able to run off a static water feed so can utilised stored rainwater or suck from a water tank in a valetting van. Its also lower power consumption so can be run from a mobile generator.

The K10 is a big step up in theoretical cleaning power with almost 50% more flow rate.

Firstly, check your water feed rate - to comfortably run the K10 from a hose feed you need at least 12l/minute hose supply (that allows for other items drawing water on the mains while washing the car, eg washing machine, house taps/showers etc.).

Secondly, check your normal domestic electrical circuit can handle the added power consumption of the K10 (it's not excessive by any means but if you have a std 13A ring to the garage and you have other electrical items plugged in it may be tight).

A few years ago the K10 was quite a bit more expensive than the K7, but that price gap has disappeared now.

Last edited by percymon; 17-04-2018 at 09:04 AM.
Old 17-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #50
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,037 Posts
Garage
Kränzle do do petrol powered machines... http://www.kranzle-pressure-washers....washers-1.html ...but they are all absolute beasts and priced accordingly!
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote