Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 26-03-2018, 08:50 AM   #1
virgiltracey
Washmitt Meister

Workzone / Aldi 2.2kw Pressure washer - Connector style?

Hi guys,

My trusty old K2 finally died whilst i was cleaning the my mothers Corsa (on mothers day of all days)

I wasn't overly fussed about getting another Karcher and had looked at a Nilfisk C120 but then I noticed that next week Aldi will have their own "workzone" pressure washer on sale again for a good price considering the spec - 150 bar max, 450LPH, a 10m hose on a reel and a 3 year warranty for £79.

My question is regarding the connector, on one of the images the connector looks similar to the Karcher K Series but on another showing the brush attachment it looks like a Lavor fitting, does anyone know which one it may be? I'd like to order the correct adaptor from Imran ahead of time if possible.

(Karcher style?)

(Lavor style?)

Thanks folks
virgiltracey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #2
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Note that whilst its rated at 150bar maximum, the working pressure is 110Bar - still not too bad a machine for the money

Nilfisk C110 with all the gubbins is on daily offer at Amazon today for £58.99 delivered

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nilfisk-Pre...&keywords=c110
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 09:36 AM   #3
virgiltracey
Washmitt Meister

I had looked at the 110 but I do like that the Aldi one has a longer hose and an extra year on warranty. From what i've read most people reccomend changing the hose on the 110 for a longer one so theres an added cost, and I won't use the patio cleaner or other bits really as I'm in an apartment block and the outside is not ours to maintain.
Old 26-03-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
percymon

Garage
I've no complaints on any of the Aldi items I've bought, never had to take anything back but the extra warranty is always peace of mind.
Old 27-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #5
ELLpolo
Unwashed Member

I have a park side version which is much the same as work zone and that is Lavar. Looking at that attachment, you’ll need to go lavar. It’s 2 plastic slots that twist fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ELLpolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
Ti Rich
Unwashed Member

Quite sure it's the new type lavor. Just got one yesterday and it's great. My old Aldi one is still working but lost a bit of pressure after 5 years - can't complain at all!
Ti Rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 08:36 AM   #7
virgiltracey
Washmitt Meister

Mine arrived and it is indeed the Lavor type, I've ordered a new snow foam lance and it should be with me shortly.

Having used it last weekend i can say it is miles better than my K2 and I do love how little hassle it is to pull out and pack away with the hose reel and lance storage slots.
The Following User Says Thank You to virgiltracey For This Useful Post:
percymon (06-04-2018)
Old 06-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #8
percymon

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgiltracey View Post
Mine arrived and it is indeed the Lavor type, I've ordered a new snow foam lance and it should be with me shortly.

Having used it last weekend i can say it is miles better than my K2 and I do love how little hassle it is to pull out and pack away with the hose reel and lance storage slots.
Thats good to hear - I saw them in my local store, they looked very good for the price in fairness. I was severely tempted to save pennies and buy one (to replace my K2) but having avoided buying a Kranzle for many years I decided it was time I invested in one. Not comparable pricing of course, but the machines are probably not far apart in actual use
Old 06-04-2018, 10:08 AM   #9
wish wash

Seem Pretty good for the price. I presume like most others they will be plastic internals and not serviceable.
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #10
virgiltracey
Washmitt Meister

Another little update (for reference more than anything really)

The snowfoam lance I bought was from "pressurewasherpartsuk" on ebay and it came with an additional angled lance for £29.99.

It's advertised as Lavor fitting and both the bottle and the angle lance transform this plucky little Aldi washer into a great detailing machine.

The snow lance produced the thickest foam I've ever had on the car and the angled lance gives a more consistent pressure and spray pattern than the stock lance on the machine. All in a great upgrade for anyone with a Workzone or Parkside (Aldi or Lidl) machine.