Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #21
AndyN01
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Yeah I love my car! Looks good with the Full Opal White interior. Sounds good and goes good!

As I already have a DA albeit a entry level one should't I just go for something that bit different?

Thanks Rob
Hi Rob.

It's a real headache isn't it

My choice of a rotary was because I use Glare and that likes warmth on application so it was quite straightforward.

Now this is a bit of guesswork but.....

You have a (gorgeous ) BMW.

Is has hard paint?

Are you mechanically sympathetic and have the time and patience to learn the use of a rotary?

It won't bog down.

You can get pads down to 1" and extension bars to reach all sorts of little areas.

You do have to exercise caution but I really don't feel that they will destroy your paint in the blink of an eye unless you're not following sensible precautions.

This guide by guru Dave KG makes an interesting read

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=66024

I haven't used a forced rotary but gather that they can be wonderful. I think there are pad (size) restrictions?????

Unless I've missed it we don't know where you are so there may be someone on here who lives very close who might be able to help.

Good luck.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyN01 For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #22
MBRuss

Another thing that everyone always seems to ignore is why the machine you're currently using is bogging down and why DA's stall on curves.

People always seem to act like that's a bad thing, but it's by design to stop you burning through thin areas of paint. If you're frequently stalling out your DAS6 then maybe a forced rotation machine isn't the best idea, as then you'll end up with the pad being forced to rotate on these thin areas of paint, potentially leading to strike through.

Maybe therefore you're better off sticking with a regular DA like you're used to, but with a bit more power. Which leads you back to the 15 MKII.

If you stall the MKII then it's just a case of modifying your technique.
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBRuss For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (11-04-2018), Rob D 88 (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #23
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRuss View Post
Another thing that everyone always seems to ignore is why the machine you're currently using is bogging down and why DA's stall on curves.

People always seem to act like that's a bad thing, but it's by design to stop you burning through thin areas of paint. If you're frequently stalling out your DAS6 then maybe a forced rotation machine isn't the best idea, as then you'll end up with the pad being forced to rotate on these thin areas of paint, potentially leading to strike through.

Maybe therefore you're better off sticking with a regular DA like you're used to, but with a bit more power. Which leads you back to the 15 MKII.

If you stall the MKII then it's just a case of modifying your technique.
It's not like that. I don't get pad stall in the curves etc..jet sometimes I like to confess away slightly on edges and use the edge of the pad and it is completely useless.

I know I will be absolutely fine with a Rotary but unless you are cutting hard all the time I don't see the need. Maybe in the future.

Thanks guys!
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 04:10 PM   #24
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Hi Rob.

It's a real headache isn't it

My choice of a rotary was because I use Glare and that likes warmth on application so it was quite straightforward.

Now this is a bit of guesswork but.....l

You have a (gorgeous :thmb: ) BMW.

Is has hard paint?

Are you mechanically sympathetic and have the time and patience to learn the use of a rotary?

It won't bog down.

You can get pads down to 1" and extension bars to reach all sorts of little areas.

You do have to exercise caution but I really don't feel that they will destroy your paint in the blink of an eye unless you're not following sensible precautions.

This guide by guru Dave KG makes an interesting read

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...ad.php?t=66024

I haven't used a forced rotary but gather that they can be wonderful. I think there are pad (size) restrictions?????

Unless I've missed it we don't know where you are so there may be someone on here who lives very close who might be able to help.

Good luck.

Andy.
Yeah I am 100% confident I have the skills for a Rotary but not sure I need something like that. Maybe in the future I will grab one if I find myself doing more cars.

I ordered the Rupes Mille Deluxe... I will get some practice on my Dad's Clio as is s new machine. He don't car about he's work car so perfect to test!
Old 11-04-2018, 04:16 PM   #25
AndyN01

Enjoy the Mille Deluxe.

And a test car - brilliant.

Good luck.

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:28 PM   #26
Ric325i
Sponge Jockey

Good Luck and plz let us know what youre findings are.
Ric325i is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ric325i For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (11-04-2018)
Old 11-04-2018, 10:16 PM   #27
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric325i View Post
Good Luck and plz let us know what youre findings are.
Thanks Ric.

Yeah for sure I will update in due course!

I will hopefully test it on RED Clio 06 plate! Never washed, dull and full of swirls!
Old 12-04-2018, 05:01 AM   #28
Joel79
Sponge Jockey

I had mille and sold it after few weeks. It doesnt work with microfiber pads and it corrects slower than 15-21. I have the whole bigfoot lineup from nano to 21 and rotary so its useless to me.
Joel79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #29
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel79 View Post
I had mille and sold it after few weeks. It doesnt work with microfiber pads and it corrects slower than 15-21. I have the whole bigfoot lineup from nano to 21 and rotary so its useless to me.
Suspect it's the same as with Flex 3401, MF-pads doesn't work very god with forced rotation.
However wool pads should work perfectly fine and provide a high level of cut if needed.

In your case as you have the whole bigfoot lineup incl. the rotary I agree that the Mille is not needed and somewhat useless.
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 06:22 PM   #30
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

IMHO despite Rupes being a brand leader, their supply and support of information was poor for the Mille 900K.
Mille has been designed as a system and very well engineered. The machine has innovations on the FR side. They have designed pads and compounds (slow to be available) for the tool to cope better with the FR torque and temperature factors.
Already seen a review where Rupes pad was used with Scholl, so the opinion summary given was flawed.
The Mille system sits between the Rotary and the LHR15MK2 and each either side does their job better. Mille will cut quicker with less work with the right compound and wool or MF pad, not the blue foam.
Its a very good machine, but buy the LHR15MK2 first.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Itstony For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (13-04-2018)