Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 16-04-2018, 02:01 PM   #11
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,055 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMazda3Sport View Post
Update: It didn’t work only two years old too!
Is it over 2 years as Nilfisk guarantee should be 2 years.
macca666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #12
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Well your old hose could be internally degraded / collapsing, especiallyif it has some softer spots that kink on a regular basis.

Bear in mind the E150 is rated at 500litres/hour, so you need a water feed to it of ca 9litres/minute (to allow a little reduction in flow when other items are in use int he house - taps/washing machine etc)

The K2 is only 360l hour (6l/min) so can cope with more restricted feed.

Have you checked the actual flow being delivered to the PW - disconnect the hose, collect water in a bucket for 60seconds, measure the amount collected. You could do the same at the actual tap too, to see how much restriction is in your current hose.

IF you do go for a new hose then there's lots to choose from, and you may benefit from a slightly bigger bore. But don't go spending if you don't need to
Yes that was my thinking the garden hose is old and knackered and the increased flow rate of the Nilfisk as opposed to the Karcher, still can't understand why its worked with no problem for 2 1/12 months and still works intermittently.

I Haven't checked the flow from the outside tap though, i'll do that when I get home, pretty sure there's no problem though as we have very strong water pressure ie no need for an electric shower ours runs direct off the mains water/combi boiler and we get a very strong jet.
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 06:35 PM   #13
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Well your old hose could be internally degraded / collapsing, especiallyif it has some softer spots that kink on a regular basis.

Bear in mind the E150 is rated at 500litres/hour, so you need a water feed to it of ca 9litres/minute (to allow a little reduction in flow when other items are in use int he house - taps/washing machine etc)

The K2 is only 360l hour (6l/min) so can cope with more restricted feed.

Have you checked the actual flow being delivered to the PW - disconnect the hose, collect water in a bucket for 60seconds, measure the amount collected. You could do the same at the actual tap too, to see how much restriction is in your current hose.

IF you do go for a new hose then there's lots to choose from, and you may benefit from a slightly bigger bore. But don't go spending if you don't need to
I've checked the water pressure out of the old hose & hose reel i'ts 8Lt per min, at the outside tap it's 9lt per minute. I've connected up the new hoselock ultimate hose no hose reeel, about 15M long didn't measure the flow but seemed a lot better than the old hose, connected up the Nilfisk E150 and no change still not working properly, The pressure washer doesn't kick into life when 1st switched on, depress the trigger and wait 30-60 seconds and it works pressure doesn't seem right though, then you have to do the same again once the trigger is released, wait another 30-60 seconds.

looks like its the pressure washer thats playing up I've put in a warranty issue at Cleanstore.

Apologies for highjacking the original thread by the way.
Old 17-04-2018, 09:27 AM   #14
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Just a thought could the 8ltr per minute 480 ltr per hour I was getting out of my old hose and reel been the start of my problems for my E150 500ltr per hour flow rate?

Last edited by BruceVolvo; 17-04-2018 at 09:32 AM.
Old 20-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #15
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Well it was the pressure washer, Nilfisk gave me the service agent to contact, fortunately for me it was a 4 mile round trip, according to Nilfisk you have to take it there and collect. Dropped it off on Wednesday afternoon collected Friday afternoon, apparently the problem is a dodgy start/stop valve the service agent has seen a quite a few with this issue across the range, anyway its all working again now.

Excellent service off the agent, a proper workshop where they still wear overalls and have tools etc not just boxes on the shelves, don't think there going to carry on with the warranty work though, the rate they get is pitiful.

It's all working now though