Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 17-04-2018, 02:44 AM   #1
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

I maybe asking a stupid ?

I have a Karcher like this in the photo:

When using this with my Snow Foam Lance I think I may be doing something wrong. I am attaching the lance directly to the handle of the Karcher, but on most videos, I see they have a bar on the handle making it longer or higher pressure?

My snow foam never foams up well, doesn't come out with any gusto at all. I am using Avalanche and BH Autofoam so it isn't them. I am putting about an inch in the bottle of BH or Avalanche and the remainder to the top with water. It just never seems foamy, or cling and having tried to alter the airflow (top dial) and nozzle I think I may either be doing it wrong or have a duff lance.

I was going to replace it so is anyone could recommend one I'd appreciate it.

Thank you again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (10.8 KB, 88 views)
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
dazzlers82
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I had the k5.55 which has just blown on me, and I now have a k4 and to be honest I never got any really thick foam when using it. When I used the k4 for the first time weekend I found I had much thicker foam.
dazzlers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 06:26 AM   #3
voon

Garage
Any bar etc doesn't matter. But the Snow foam guns differ highly in their ability to produce snowfoam. Which one do you use? The one Kärcher produces themselves is know for adding a lot of water and making the foam runny. The best snow foam gun for pressure washers is the "standard" chinese clone type or "italian" one, i.e. the ones that look like this:

http://dnddetailing.ie/product/snow-...ce-heavy-duty/

Those in my experience produce the best foam.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 07:53 AM   #4
petebak
Sponge Jockey

Never had a problem with either of my Karcher's ,I know have a K7, with the BH you MUST work out the correct mix for your lance, there is a guide on here, but it is simple to work out, and for the record as said before BH IS NOT thick, but it is excellent at cleaning power rather than show.
petebak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:32 AM   #5
voon

Garage
The point of snow is to have a good coverage across the surface, that doesn't easily rip and stays a closed layer for a while to neatly soak the dirt and then drag it away. It has to be slightly runny, so it actually drags the dirt away downward, there's no point in foam that is so thick that it dries up on the car or is so heavy it immediatly roars downward.

A good cannon is 20ish pounds I guess. I'd buy that because it allows me to use up way less snow foam compared to the worse models.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:55 AM   #6
percymon

Garage
Which snow foam lance do you have ?

Has it always been poor, or deteriorated over time ?

If its the type shown in the link above then these have gauze filters fitted which can clog with chemical / algae if not rinsed through after use - have you checked the filters.

Note BH Autofoam does no produce a thick shaving foam type result through any lance - its not designed that way, but has very good cling and cleaning power.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
Andyblue

Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,357 Posts
I used to have the Karcher foam lance and it was okay, did the job, but didn’t give a thick foam.

Was bought a new one for Christmas from In2detailing (on here) and there is a big difference and now can get a very thick foam if wanted.

Not used Avalanche, but BH Autofoam doesn’t foam up thickly, but does have excellent cleaning properties.

Might be worth getting some foam that does foam thick before you purchase another lance, to make sure it’s not the foams your using that is the problem...
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 09:12 AM   #8
percymon

Garage
Other than the potential for a blocked gauze filter, this type of gun is so much better than the Karcher item..

http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produc...-fittings.html
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2018, 02:03 AM   #9
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

I don't know the brand but will post a pic of the lance tomorrow. I have both BJ AutoFoam and Avalanche, the latter should be thick. If I turn the top nozzle one way it adds too much water but turning it the other way and it stops working. I have stripped it and it is clean inside. Will post a pic tomorrow.
Old 19-04-2018, 02:52 AM   #10
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Photos of Lance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Optimized-20180418_174251.jpg (105.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg Optimized-20180418_174300.jpg (87.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Optimized-20180418_174307.jpg (95.0 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Optimized-20180418_174321.jpg (81.9 KB, 22 views)