Detailing World Forum banner

Cleaning the Cow Hide...

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  JJ_ 
#1 ·
All,

I have yet to find a comprehensive thread on how best to maintain and treat leather in car interiors, so I thought I'd start by asking for your advice. Which products are best on which types of leather? And at what intervals should such leather care products be applied?

I'm particularly motivated to seek some answers as I'm currently using BMW's own leather conditioner on the interior of my car (yikes...) - which sports a cloth/leather combination.

cheers,

Eric.

#2 ·
Best all in one product for leather I have found is 1Z leathercare, cleans and nourishes while maintaning the natural factory look, once every 3 months here for me. Weekly wipe downs inbetween with a damp MF.

For additional conditioning twice a year Zaino Z10.

Both these have worked well on Peugeot, Renault, VW, BMW, Ford, Recaro and Mercedes leather so far for me.

#10 ·
I am aware that Jaguar coat their leather seats as do some others, but most just have the standard manufacturer's conditioner applied at the factory or by the valeting guys.

You can tell if it has the coating as the leather will look no different after you have applied the conditioner, only oily as the conditioner is sitting on top of what I presum is some sort of polymer coating.

#12 ·
Yeh thats correct depending on manufacturer, SAAB im sure wrap the whole seat in leather, I know my astra is leather effect on the sides and back.

I dont really like my leather as its a smooth finish and just not very aesthetically pleasing. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.