Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Eco Friendly Detailing
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Eco Friendly Detailing Talk About all your Eco Products here - Waterless wash / Steam cleaning etc

Old 09-02-2017, 04:42 PM   #91
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,720 Times in 2,870 Posts
Garage
Nice to see your still at it mate, but it must take you ages to clean your car with that method
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chongo For This Useful Post:
A&J (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 05:11 PM   #92
ah234
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Awesome thread, just wondering what sponge/mitt you were using? Just got some onr wash n wax and thinking about getting a smooth egg sponge for it
ah234 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ah234 For This Useful Post:
A&J (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 08:42 PM   #93
A&J

Thanked 1,148 Times in 838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongo View Post
Nice to see your still at it mate, but it must take you ages to clean your car with that method
I did 2 cars in 2 1/2 h. Most time consuming was PW prep and APC dwell time...but it needed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah234 View Post
Awesome thread, just wondering what sponge/mitt you were using? Just got some onr wash n wax and thinking about getting a smooth egg sponge for it
Thanks

The sponge is similar to the one that Serious performance sells, I just get it elsewhere.

If you are talking about smooth egg sponge from Soft99 go for it. Its the softest sponge on the market and should be great for Rinseless washes
A&J is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
ah234 (09-02-2017), chongo (09-02-2017)
Old 09-02-2017, 09:13 PM   #94
ah234

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&J View Post
I did 2 cars in 2 1/2 h. Most time consuming was PW prep and APC dwell time...but it needed it.

Thanks

The sponge is similar to the one that Serious performance sells, I just get it elsewhere.

If you are talking about smooth egg sponge from Soft99 go for it. Its the softest sponge on the market and should be great for Rinseless washes
The soft99 ones happy days will get some ordered thank you
ah234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2017, 09:11 PM   #95
A&J

Update - 7th wash

After 14 days and 643 km. Temperature was around 10 deg. C and sunny.

Products used were:
Wolfs chemicals Mean green
Serious performance QD
OPT opti-seal
Gyeon silk dryer
CG miracle dryer

Pre wash state

Today I used Wolfs chemicals wipe and wash or Mean green with the exception of Surf city garage rinse free I used as a pre spray. Mean green is a product I bought 50% off a while back and have almost used it all up. I cant get it anymore unless I ship it over board which due to shipping prices isnt and option for me. I rather buy the stuff I can get locally.

I have over time also pour it into another bottle (ex OPT W&W) with a pop up cap that offers more accurate pour and not the original oil like bottle with the cap of the size of a freeking gallon sized oil bottle.

The product is as the name suggests green in color with a minty scent. Its suppose to be a "pure" shampoo which is weird for a rinseless shampoo. Its suppose to not leave any polymers behind and is not suppose to affect LSP in any way. And somehow thats all true.

Dilution ratios are suppose to be 1:500 which for a rinseless wash is very high meaning the product is very strong. And in my experience it is. But after talking to Wolfs chemicals they suggest a 1:256 mix where water is hard (which in my case it is).

Nonetheless I use a dilution ration of 1:256 for all my washing. I always use 2 gallons (7,5l) of water and 1 ounce (30ml) of product. One interesting thing that this product does is that it foams when you mix it. Foam bubbles doesn't last long though.

The cleaning power of this shampoo is strong with good lubricity. Given the fact it doesn't leave anything behind a QD is needed for the drying stage.

Anyhow...onto the washing part of today's program
The wash

Swirl finding

End result pics

Conclusion
Its weird as Ive mentioned in the "swirl finding" video. Yes there are swirls and I dont know if any new ones were inflicted or not but they are very light and you really have to look hard to see them under a certain angle.

But the weird thing is is that they are only present on this panel we are testing...not on the back door, not on the hood, not on the other side of the car...NO...just the driver side door. As if the coating is somehow responsible for this which makes it again very strange.

As mentioned not a lot of effort will be needed to remove them. Even a glaze would do the job.

Thanks for watching

Until next time

A&J
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
ah234 (18-02-2017), firehorse (22-02-2017)
Old 23-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #96
firehorse
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I've checked back and this is the first time you have used Mean Green, also you said it froze and it doesn't feel the same since.

Have you got a different coating on this door that is different from the rest of the car?
firehorse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to firehorse For This Useful Post:
A&J (23-02-2017)
Old 23-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #97
A&J

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehorse View Post
I've checked back and this is the first time you have used Mean Green, also you said it froze and it doesn't feel the same since.

Have you got a different coating on this door that is different from the rest of the car?
The rest of the car was polished with Britemax Blackmax and protected with FK1000p.

After a few days (from the last video) I have thoroughly checked the car on the sun and the same light swirls are also on the back door (and the other side) so its not the coatings fault. I never really put much attention before at checking the rest of the car so I kinda thought it was fine and damage was appering only on the test section, but after close inspection I saw this was not the case.

IMO the drying step is causing it and not the wash part.

As for Mean green...I remember it being more lubricated but it still does the job.
The Following User Says Thank You to A&J For This Useful Post:
firehorse (23-02-2017)
Old 06-03-2017, 04:16 PM   #98
Stephan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Finally tried SCG Water Saver !!

Wooooww, nice gloss after a rub with a Edgeless Cloth.
And how slick can they make a RW? Like washing with a quick detailer - very surprised.

I used the GD method with 6 mitts en 2 drying clothes, 1 cloth for the final buffing. It was raining whan i was washing under my carport but it works like a charm !!

Really a competitor for the Mean Green
Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stephan For This Useful Post:
A&J (08-03-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 08:32 AM   #99
A&J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
Finally tried SCG Water Saver !!

Wooooww, nice gloss after a rub with a Edgeless Cloth.
And how slick can they make a RW? Like washing with a quick detailer - very surprised.

I used the GD method with 6 mitts en 2 drying clothes, 1 cloth for the final buffing. It was raining whan i was washing under my carport but it works like a charm !!

Really a competitor for the Mean Green
Told you so! Its surprisingly good

Like you said...ton of lube during the wash and a ton of gloss after wash!

If you mix it 1:9 you can also use it as a waterless wash!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:20 PM   #100
Stephan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
@A&J,

yeah, the first time i used it my mix was to weak. Now i've added 100ml to 5l water. Really,really slippery.

Next on the list is the Carpro Ech2o. We will see...

Only downside is that you'll beginning te dislike normal washing :-D
Stephan is offline   Reply With Quote