Detailing World Forum banner

Jamie's Oryx White Golf R

60K views 113 replies 48 participants last post by  ALANSHR 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have had my Golf R for just under 3 weeks now so decided to finally start a thread for it. Previously I had a mk5gti but had*been looking at an 7R for a long time. I recently transferred from part time in the Fire Service to full time so thought now was the perfect time to finally get one and to get something to show for my hard work. I looked everyday online for the right one, initially I wanted a Lapiz Blue 5dr Dsg with both full leather and pretoria alloys. I came across one but when I rang to enquire it had already been sold*It was then when I looked a few days later when I saw an Oryx white model fairly locally, so I rang up and organised to view it the next day.

Once I saw the Oryx white in the flesh I knew it was the colour that I wanted. The car itself has a really good spec in my opinion,

Oryx White
3 door DSG
65 plate
25,000 miles
Full service history
Full heated vienna leather
19" Pretoria Alloys on*Continental Contisportcontact 5's
Keyless entry and go
Black electric folding mirrors
Sat nav with DAB

First thing I decided was to get a fresh set of plates before I put mine on

IMG_6889 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6890 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

Once I had picked the car up, the DAB radio didn't have the icons so I uploaded them on a memory stick

Before

IMG_6897 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

After

IMG_6898 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

Private plate fitted

IMG_6916 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

And finally after it's first clean

IMG_6927 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6928 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6929 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6930 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6931 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6932 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6933 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6934 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6935 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6936 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6937 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6941 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6942 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6943 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_6944 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

My favourite so far

IMG_6932 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

The only thing that I have done to the car is I have had a security system fitted to the car for peace of mind after seeing some videos and hearing stories about keyless cars. Thankfully this will no longer be a problem!

Thanks

Jamie

See less See more
#18 ·
Thank you! And yes I love it haha:)

Looks stunning congrats on the new car [emoji41]

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lovely looking motor that.....still prefer silver white like my 7.5 GTD but lovely all the same.

Great to see another Radio X fan!
The silver white is nice, a family member has a 7.5 R in that colour and it is a nice colour, I just like the pearl in the Oryx white and haha its a must!

What are the performance figures for these? Certainly looks fast.
They are 300bhp and with the dsg the 0-60 is 4.9 but thats irrelevant really but in short yes its very fast:D

Lovely looking car well done :thumb:
Thank you mate

Lovely jubbly matey.
Thank you mate

Great looking car and possibly the best colour especially at night.
I was set on lapiz to be fair but once I had seen this colour in the flesh there was no way I was getting a different colour:) The pretoria alloys and the black wing mirrors make it stand out even more in my opinion:D Thank you mate

Lovely looking car bud. Have you got one of the Vw connect dongles for it?
Thank you and no i've not seen them, is it to do with internet or something similar to apple play?

Great car and you have it looking really well. Enjoy!
Thank you mate

Car looks epic! :) very tidy motor. Is the 'R' the hottest in the VW range now or does the 'GTI' still hold that?
Thank you and it is, they do a clubsport gti which is quicker than the normal gti. The R is different because it has more power but also 4wd too:)

Normally I hate white cars, but I must admit that suits the car well.
Nice to see the Planet Rock icon!
Thank you and yes I'm loving the dab haha!

Looking great buddy! Just picked up a Leon Cupra 300 and I have the same missing Icon issue on the DAB so I will follow your lead with inputting the logos. Thanks for the tip!
Thank you, I know someone with a red cupra, they're nice cars! If you're stuck I think I used this link and then just saved them to a usb and uploaded them.

http://www.volkswagen.de/de/models/golf ... logos.html

There might be a couple missing depending what you listen too but you can always just get a picture off google:)

Nice car and a nice spec.

Liking the radio choice also:thumb:
Thank you, I see a pattern here with fellow DW members

With the icons I thought they updated when you connected a mobile phone
When I got the car the fm logos were on it but not on the DAB for some reason.

Beautiful looking R that!

The GTI Clubsport is just a 40th aniversary GTI, 260hp with overboost to 285 I think, plenty for sale.

They done a concept with about 400HP but was never released, which is the one you're thinking of :thumb:
Thank you, I had a mk5gti before this but I wanted 4wd and DSG after test driving one back in September last year, I was a bit picky and in no rush so glad I waited.

Thank you all:thumb:

#15 ·
Car looks epic! :) very tidy motor. Is the 'R' the hottest in the VW range now or does the 'GTI' still hold that?
The R is the top of the pile. Previous incarnations were badged R32 (the Passat had an R36....I think there was a Tourag as well, R50 or similar).

I think it goes something like:

• GTI
  • GTI Performance Pack
  • R

There's also a mental 400bhp GTI Clubsport I think? But you can't buy one for love nor money.

#27 ·
gorgeous! loving the full leather seats as well!

only thing I am not a fan of on these is the noise, but such a great car all round
Thank you, the 2 options I definitely insisted on having was the full leather and the 19" pretoria alloys. Hopefully one day if I sell it mine will stand out because of the spec!

I'm not generally a fan of white cars but that looks the dog's!

Peter
Thank you, once I saw the colour in the flesh I knew I had to have it!

That's a lovely looking car. I may be biased as I have an oryx white Scirocco, so pleased I held out for one as the colour is awesome :)
Thank you, yesterday was really sunny and the paint looked amazing even if a little dirty! I completely understand what you mean:thumb:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/...connect_e_t&mtid=vdvv2y1xd0&slid=&product_id=

Have a mooch, my buddy gave me 2 don't think my car is compatible though. If your after one you can have it for postage
Thank you, I've had a look but I think on my car I can see most of that stuff but thank you for the offer I really appreciate it.

2.0TSI, 300PS, 0-60 4.9 seconds :)

One of the cars ill be considering in the future. You've got a great spec as well :thumb:
Thank you:thumb:

Looks lovely. My sister has an Octy 3 vRS (same platform) and her drivers seat was like that when she got it. A few mins with a hairdryer and it was as good as new, get it on a low setting and warm the leather until the dent starts to shrink. Also looks far nicer as a 3 door, surely less of those around than the 5 door.
Oooh thank you I'll have to give this a try, thank you I got it into my head I wanted a 5 door but when I thought about it 90% of the time its just me in the car or with just passenger.

That's a cracking looking car, vw gave me a dongle with my passat, just tells you stuff bout the car, mpg, etc etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Thank you:thumb:

#25 ·
Looks lovely. My sister has an Octy 3 vRS (same platform) and her drivers seat was like that when she got it. A few mins with a hairdryer and it was as good as new, get it on a low setting and warm the leather until the dent starts to shrink. Also looks far nicer as a 3 door, surely less of those around than the 5 door.

#32 ·
Couple of little bits done;

Audi cigarette cover mod that I saw on the Owners club.

Before

IMG_7035 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7036 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_E7037 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

Old and New

IMG_7039 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7038 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7040 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

After

IMG_7041 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

MWOC0619 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

Recently I had the change key battery warning come up on my car so looked how to do it and bought some batteries on eBay.

IMG_7055 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7056 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7057 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7058 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7059 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7060 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

IMG_7061 by jamie kirk, on Flickr

Jamie

#33 ·
Have you noticed the Audi cover doesn't fit as well as the old one, or does yours fit snugly? My sister tells me hers is a bit looser than the standard black plastic one in her Octy vRS. Wondering if it's a common thing or if it's just hers. I already have an Audi, so mine came with the car. Such a worthwhile upgrade IMO.

#37 ·
Cheers, on the Octy 3, it's visible. Nice to have it hidden away tbf, looks better. When looking back at this thread, I have to have a quick peek at page 1, this car looks great. Never been a fan of white cars until I bought one and ever since, they've grown on me and this one just looks spot on :)
I agree haha, thank you, I was set on blue but seeing this in the flesh changed my mind, thank you really appreciate it:thumb:

Lovely car - think the Pretorias are a must have - the standard wheels are just awful
Yes I agree, the two things I wanted was Pretorias and full leather. I'm not a huge fan but the next post will probably shock you:lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.