Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 23-02-2018, 08:26 PM   #11
VW_GTi
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Have a look at the In2detailing Forced Rotation DA also.
It is the same as the Vertool offering is it not?
VW_GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 09:26 PM   #12
Eric the Red
Orbital Oracle

Do you require a new polisher for personal or professional use, you say you have detailed 4 cars. was that cutting, polishing and refining, the porter cable is more than capable of doing the job with the right pad, polish and technique, it really does come down to what you require a machine for.
Eric the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #13
hissinsid
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_GTi View Post
Hi guys

Just wanted some advice please. Back in 2005 I purchased a porter cable DA from the US which is still running great to this day! Over that time I have fully detailed 4 cars - so not really using it for heavy use. However there is a new car coming in the family (brand new so planning on polishing it and coating with Gtechniq CSL+EXO!). There are 2 more cars in the household I intend on doing a 3 stage polish on in the next couple of months.

I fancy getting a 220V DA for the larger sections of the car and keeping the PC for smaller areas (at 110V it is a pain setting it all up with the transformer etc). I feel like I have enough experience with a DA now to use a more powerful machine and am considering the Vertool DAS-21E on offer at clean your car (is there a discount code I can use btw?).

Should I consider anything else in that sort of price range...or is it a no brainier?

Thanks for your input, much appreciated!
Thanks for this thread - sorry I cannot contribution other than to say I have literally just sold my PC on the bay (this week) having had it since 2006, still in its box, still with autopia paperwork! I have just replaced it with the DA Pro plus (M&K) for its 15mm throw and a 1000w motor and I wanted a 240v machine. Not tried it yet but I felt the move from PC to a force drive machine was a bit too much (especially as the PC is 440w from memory) and I only do a bit of correction (family cars etc).

S

Last edited by hissinsid; 23-02-2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: text addition
hissinsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2018, 06:26 AM   #14
VW_GTi
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
Do you require a new polisher for personal or professional use, you say you have detailed 4 cars. was that cutting, polishing and refining, the porter cable is more than capable of doing the job with the right pad, polish and technique, it really does come down to what you require a machine for.
Thanks Eric...yes you are quite right the PC is a capable machine and I have all the pads/polishes I need to get the job done. It is only for personal use and the cars I have worked on (3/4 of them) have had paint in excellent condition so only needed small amounts of cut, polish and refinement.

My main reason for wanting a new machine is so I can get the bigger areas done quicker and have something 240V so I don't have the faff of needing to hook up the transformer etc.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:19 AM   #15
VW_GTi
Sponge Jockey

So I have decided to go for the Vertool DAS 21-E

Now just got to decide what pads to go for!
Old 11-03-2018, 11:53 AM   #16
mdebeum
Sponge Jockey

I think you've made a good choice, brilliant machine. Of course a Rupes would be more refined/quieter etc for daily heavy use but for a couple of cars in a household definitely a good choice to go for the vertool.

If I were you I'd have a look at the lake country HD orbital pads. I've used them a couple of times now and even after about four cars one/two step they still look new/unused.

The two layers of foam work really well for controlling the pads around curves.
mdebeum is offline   Reply With Quote