Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-03-2018, 04:46 AM   #1
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Das6 Pro deals?

Hi all

I want to start machine polishing and a few on here have suggested the Das 6 pro to be the one to begin with. I am doing apanel at a time.

Now, does anyone know of any deals on at present, what heads I should buy for the machine and what compounds/polishes I should buy that are not going to be too harsh for a beginner.

Thank you sincerely Li
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:42 AM   #2
Atkinson91
Washmitt Meister

Hi Li, Clean your car have a few kits available for the DAS6, check 'em out:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...r/cat_150.html

Id recommend the menzerna Kit:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...prod_1797.html

I believe Menzerna to be the 'best' polishes, well 2nd to scholl concepts polishes... they have a nice long working time and are considered very highly by a lot of users on here

Plus, the more pads you have, the better! you'll want to switch them out after 2 panels or so as they'll start to become a saturated and loose some Cut/finish ability. You will also want to wash them out in some warm water at the end of the day so Polish doesn't harden in the pad cells (the brush below helps with the step)

Also, pick up a stiff(ish) brush to scrub the pads of any dust/paint/polish residue before and after EVERY section you do.

Something like this:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...prod_1721.html

Working surgically clean is the key

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Atkinson91; 11-03-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Atkinson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Atkinson91 For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 08:27 AM   #3
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Thanked 1,882 Times in 1,650 Posts
Here you go, a link to the page on here

DAS-6 PRO - Official Group Buy 2

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...p%3Ft%3D207877
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Thank you both, much appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to lijongtao For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (11-03-2018)
Old 19-03-2018, 05:21 AM   #5
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atkinson91 View Post
Hi Li, Clean your car have a few kits available for the DAS6, check 'em out:

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...r/cat_150.html

Id recommend the menzerna Kit:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...prod_1797.html

I believe Menzerna to be the 'best' polishes, well 2nd to scholl concepts polishes... they have a nice long working time and are considered very highly by a lot of users on here

Plus, the more pads you have, the better! you'll want to switch them out after 2 panels or so as they'll start to become a saturated and loose some Cut/finish ability. You will also want to wash them out in some warm water at the end of the day so Polish doesn't harden in the pad cells (the brush below helps with the step)

Also, pick up a stiff(ish) brush to scrub the pads of any dust/paint/polish residue before and after EVERY section you do.

Something like this:
http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/polish...prod_1721.html

Working surgically clean is the key

Hope this helps!
As it is my birthday soon my wife is getting me the Das6 Pro via the group buy. I want to buy some pads.heads to go with the machine and a friend said he would get me these. Do you know what I need as a beginner? Also the Mazerma compounds, which ones? As they are getting them seperate it will have to be a seperate buy, not kit per se. Thank you
Old 19-03-2018, 09:15 AM   #6
Benfr16
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Pads are a can of worms in itself. I've mainly used chemical guys hex logic pads with good results. The more variants the better. A good starting point would be an Orange and white as a minimum and then look at a black and a heavier pad (I forget the colour) as well. CG have a pretty good spectrum of pads. Having a few of each is recommended to aid with a smooth detail session, although I usually battle through with one pad, ensuring it is cleaned regularly.

Also you can get a shinemate spot pad kit from clean your car website. It includes a 3.5" pad and a heavy, Med and light pad for £15. (http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/machin...prod_1425.html).

I initially went for an orange and white CG pad and then bought this set as well, hoping that anything the orange pad wouldn't get out was likely a RDS that I could use the yellow spot pad to remove
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benfr16 For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (20-03-2018)
Old 20-03-2018, 02:26 AM   #7
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Thanks Ben, much appreciated
Old 20-03-2018, 07:15 AM   #8
nobbles
Washmitt Meister

I bought the das 6 and the menzerna pack several years ago. It is just a hobby/pleasure maybe used once a year. The kit is great (for me and my use) although I have just bought the shinemate kit 3.5 inch and that is the perfect addition. All from cleanyourcar who I can never fault for service and price.
nobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nobbles For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (20-03-2018)
Old 20-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #9
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijongtao View Post
...what compounds/polishes I should buy that are not going to be too harsh for a beginner.
You cant go wrong with a soft pad and Autoglym Super Resin Polish

You'll get a feel for the machine, you won't do any damage and the shine will put a massive smile on your face

Then step up to looking into compounds and correcting defects as your confidence grows

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2018, 08:41 AM   #10
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,089 Times in 2,590 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post
You cant go wrong with a soft pad and Autoglym Super Resin Polish

You'll get a feel for the machine, you won't do any damage and the shine will put a massive smile on your face

Then step up to looking into compounds and correcting defects as your confidence grows

Using SRP isn’t going to teach you a lot about machine polishing as it fills rather than corrects so you won’t be able to see if you are improving your technique for removing swirls or scratches. The OP could always practise on a scrap panel first to get used to how different pads and polishes work together before using it on their own car, if they are concerned. Having said that, it’s very difficult to create damage using a DA unless you do something stupid like keep the pad in one place for far too long without moving it.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote