Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here. Sponsored by CleanYourCar

Old 17-07-2018, 10:28 AM   #1
Vmlopes
Washmitt Meister

Car Park Damage

My sons girlfriend came out of the gym to this on a brand new Vauxhall Adam, she was rather miffed, no note or anything. Clearly scraped as someone was parking next to or reversing out of a parking space next to hers, even scuffed the face of the alloy. Got the G3 out with a waffle pad and the DAS 6 Pro and the finish after is much better even though there is still a slight dent.

Sent from my CUBOT CHEETAH 2 using Tapatalk
Vmlopes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vmlopes For This Useful Post:
Cookies (17-07-2018), ibiza55 (17-07-2018), Petey80 (17-07-2018), Starbuck88 (18-07-2018), stealthwolf (19-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 12:27 PM   #2
sshooie
Orbital Oracle

This boils my ****, I see it every week with the mongo's in car parks.

I fitted a dashcam in a friends car and he was having trouble reviewing the footage following a car park scrape.

We reviewed the footage and watched a woman in a car reverse park alongside him scraping his n/s wing, she got out, glanced down and walked away.

By chance as we watched a few minutes later a guy in a Volvo estate pulled up and reverse parked alongside her...although we couldn't see direct her car rocked about as he parked.

He got out looked at her car wing, got back in and drove away.

Scary these fecks are on the roads.

*great result btw, and worth asking if the gym has any external cctv that covers the area.
sshooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 12:30 PM   #3
ibiza55
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,359 Posts
Garage
Lovely Jubbly, just a shame you had to do it in the first place.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #4
Tinyflier
Sponge Jockey

Garage
I feel her pain!

A retard in a supermarket car park scraped their way in/out of a parking space (my car was entirely on its own well away from other cars) and it cost me £150 to have the damage on the bumper of my R35 painted! How can anyone scrape a car and not notice ESPECIALLY when both vehicles were surrounded by OPEN spaces! Am assuming it was deliberate!

Grrrrr!!!!!!

David
Tinyflier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 12:55 PM   #5
neilmcl

I've currently got 2 scrapes, one on the front corner and one on the rear, both down to the undercoat on my fairly new and well looked after 1 series. Both times happened in a supermarket car park whilst I was in shopping and both times no note was left

I'm currently looking at over £400 to get them repaired
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
JHWP
Unwashed Member

Very annoying but top result

I refuse to park my car in a car park which can make things difficult and include long walks. My car has never been parked side by side with another car apart from at car shows. I do also have a company van and a little junker run around Micra which I will park anywhere (and has been damaged by other people parking beside it).

Not so long ago I was waiting in a car park and a women drove into a spot beside the car beside me. She caught the bumper and quarter panel of the other car and did quite a bit of damage. I waited to see what she would do which was nothing, she just looked at it and walked away. I got out and went after her. When she realized that it wasn't my car that she had hit, she refused to talk to me and told me to mind my own business and walked away from me. I took pictures and left a note on the other persons car with my number which they later called. I explained the situation and gave them the details of the women who had hit their car. The owner pursued it and was successful. I'm not sure of how exactly but the person who did the damage or their insurance company ended up paying up. Some/most people do not give a toss
JHWP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JHWP For This Useful Post:
Peter D (17-07-2018)
Old 17-07-2018, 10:20 PM   #7
jcrease
Washmitt Meister

I was parked in Wicks car park upon coming out I saw a idiot trying to load his car with a big piece of ply-board,whilst doing so scratching my bonnet.I pointed out to him he was scratching my car to which he replied he didn't do it and anyway it was my fault as I parked behind him.Good job I come out when I did he would of totally ruined the bonnet the way he was struggling with that board.
jcrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 10:23 PM   #8
andy__d
Washmitt Meister

thats a result on tidying up the damage done

Why people think its "ok" to do it and bugger off i will never understand, and i Bet you they would be THE one to go ballistic if a tiny mark ,not even a scratch were to be done accidentally to their motor,, never mind the damage They inflict
andy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
Mad Ad

Thanked 1,383 Times in 965 Posts
The problem with a lot of people these days is they don't have any care or respect for other peoples property, people see cars as an object to get from A to B, more and more people are having cars on PCP deals so they hand the car back after 3 years making it a disposable object and after 3 years they get a new one so they tend to think, oh well who cares if it really gets a couple of dings or scratches I get a new one.
Mad Ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #10
Hopgood
Unwashed Member

The sooner self-driving cars arrive the better. I really think people's driving ability has declined in general over the past ten or so years and I don't know why. Maybe it's just the design of modern cars which makes seeing the extremities harder, but I just seem to see clueless drivers all over the place.

Sympathies to the OP, I have had the same experience in the past and it's so unfair to find someone damaged your car then didn't accept responsibility.

Where I live, around 10% of the population are newly arrived "migrants" (illegal immigrants) and whilst most of them don't have the means to own a car yet, for sure over the next ten year period we are going to see plenty of crazy car crashes around here.

Last edited by Hopgood; 18-07-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Hopgood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hopgood For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (18-07-2018)