Detailing World Forum banner

Powerful cheap cree torch - have a look!

27K views 106 replies 51 participants last post by  the_jj 
#1 ·
Just had a bunch of kit delivered while I'm in work. As well as cleaning kit, I wanted a small, powerful cree powered torch to use for swirl correction on cars. I didn't mind investing a bit of money into it, but for a laugh I ordered a £1.85 cree torch from Hong Kong on Ebay, just to see what it was like.

...WOW!

I tell you what, for the money it's fantastic. It's very powerful, feels robust, very small (with a handy belt clip), takes a single AA battery and is a nice clean white light.

Have a look at my test:

If anyone wants to know which one it is, it's this one:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231980066796?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And best of all, it came in less than a week from Hong Kong, despite the delivery time estimate. Impressive!

Just letting you know :)

See less See more
#100 ·
Such a sucker for good torches, along with fountain pens, mechanical pencils, good notebooks, wallets, the list goes on.

This looks a really good torch, am I right in saying its only one AA battery thats needed? Useful to have by your spare wheel as well as round the house.

#101 ·
I think I ordered three - one was DOA, another lasted a couple of weeks and the third is [I think] kicking around in the car somewhere.

But hey, they're cheap as chips and let you see in the dark. As for 'swirl spotting', I can't say as I never tried one for that.

How about making your own torch as per the thread on the subject, although it will cost you a few quid more.

#106 ·
I hold the light roughly between 20-30 inch from the panel and they Pics were taken in my garage with all other lights switched off which I find also helps when inspecting paint

here is the link to where I bought mine http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-T6-L...618880&hash=item4d47881560:g:GOsAAOSw4CFYpqKc

Also I'm using the 18650 Li-ion rechargeable battery which makes the torch slightly brighter than 3 AAA batteries

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.