Detailing World Forum banner

Which products to use

6K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Hobo 
#1 ·
So my collinite 915 has just run out. Love the the look and finish but on my new black car it was a dust magnet in the summer. So any thoughts on these 2 I'm thinking of. Anglewax ti-22 and sonax xrtreme protect and shine. Regarding the sonax would appreciate it if anyone has used it have you topped it with BSD or would you just wash dry, then after a couple of months re apply with the xrtreme. Cheers.

#2 ·
Regarding sonax I preferred polymer net shield over protect and shine. It cures quicker and even as it's quoted as slightly harder to use I find it's qualities easier to work with. It's a great product that lasts extremely well, topped with bsd occasionally it'll seemingly last forever. As I've said previously it's as close to a coating performance wise as you'll find.
It can look (imo) quite sterile though but for out and out protection they'd be a fantastic choice.

Haven't used the angel wax so couldn't comment on that.

#4 ·
PNS on its own will last around six months. If you're putting bsd over it you'll be pushed to notice a drop off in performance.
If you wanted to strip it back twice a year to bare paint you'll get the maximum durability from it. I wouldn't personally put pns over the top of BSD although I have used it over glazes before and it still performed brilliantly. I guess it all depends on how far you want to go to get the absolute maximum from it.
As with all LSPs bare paint prior to application will give you the best results.

#9 ·
DSW can be terrible on black cars if you don’t get the application quite right from experience.

I know it’s not on your list but consider Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish, it looks great on my black Ford Focus and it doesn’t seem to get dusty as quickly as some!

#11 ·
DSW can be terrible on black cars if you don't get the application quite right from experience.

I know it's not on your list but consider Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish, it looks great on my black Ford Focus and it doesn't seem to get dusty as quickly as some!
Can you please elaborate a bit on DSW on black cars? I have only ever used it on metallic silver.

#10 ·
#15 ·
Going to use sonax protect and shine and bsd. Like a few have mentioned id tried DSW in the the summer and the results were poor compared to collinite 915. The DSW seemed to leave marks after removal i.e you could see where you had been applying it. Any way got the sonax from ECP with the offers on a bit of a no brainier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.