Detailing World Forum banner

Waximax tyre gloss review

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Brian1612 
#1 ·

Product Description

WaxiMax Tyre Gloss is a gel that has been formulated to give a long lasting finish whatever finish you are looking for, from a natural sheen or show standard wet look. WaxiMax tyre gloss will be the right product for you.

1 coat for a natural sheen

2 coats for a show standard wet look.

As with many tyre products they are fairly simple in application. Take your foam applicator or a brush and apply directly to the tyre and admire your hard work. For me if tyre dressings of some sort are not applied after they are cleaned and dry it makes your car or the customers car look unfinished.

There can be many issues with tyre dressings however the guys over at WaxiMax seem to have the idea of tyre dressings down to a T. WaxiMax had set out to make a gel rather than a liquid as liquid dressings can have trouble with tyre sling so matter how many times you buff the tyre afterwards. The Gel that WaxiMax have made is lemon/yellow in colour with a lovely scent of watermelon. However it seems they have made it a little too thick.

I applied some to my foam applicator and began to dress the tyre.

Here's a 50/50.

This is after 1 application. I was happy with the finish so I decided against applying a second coat.

The finished result.

So overall what do I make to WaxiMax Tyre Gloss.

As tyre dressings go I really cant complain about the end result. The finish that it leaves is indeed very good, It leaves a nice satin sheen or a gloss finish depending on how many layers you want to apply. One thing I will say is that WaxiMax seem to have made the gel so thick that it is a pain to apply. Its almost like glue, trying to apply it to the tyre can be abit of a chore rather than a pleasure to use. After speaking with the guys over at WaxiMax they have decided to make it less thick on its second run which I think is a good choice. After the second run is made I think WaxiMax will have a cracking product.

Thanks for reading

See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting reading and good review bud. Personally I have always found the complete opposite with the sling issue in that gels are much more susceptible to sling compared to thinner water based dressings which usually dry much better.

Reminds me in megs endurance, that is a pain to spread as its far too sticky.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.