Detailing World Forum banner

Miracle Detail - Brand New Mclaren MP4-12c, 170+ pics, HD video, correction-Bigfoot!

31K views 48 replies 42 participants last post by  composite 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Here we have a brand new Mclaren MP4-12c in volcano red… 178 pictures so far…. and one HD video of two…

All correction work carried out with Rupes 21mm and 15mm Bigfoot, Rupes Zephir and mainly prototype microfibre pad corrected the sanding marks and deeper scratches that Mclaren didn't remove through sanding like a breeze....
Finishing with Rupes white pad and Rupes Diamond gloss.
Protected with Gtechniq EXOv2 and Gtechniq G1....

Enjoy!

Part two -

See less See more
2 87
#2 ·
#4 · (Edited)
Cracking good video and superb work once again.

I have to say that the original condition of that car is an appalling advertisement for McLaren. I would be broken-hearted if I'd bought it and that was how it was delivered to me. (Unless you're doing this on behalf of McLaren before it goes to a customer?)

I'm sure it ends well though. Looking forward to part 2.:thumb:

#12 ·
Nice turnaround, lovely colour for it.:thumb:

It still makes me chuckle how people are shocked at seeing poor paintwork from any low volume manufacturer, regardless of the price of their cars.:speechles

#18 ·
Really??:doublesho Surely a low volume, high end manufacturer should be able to have a bit more attention to detail, if only because they are low volume. At the McLaren level the marginal cost per unit of a few more final inspection staff added to the final selling price isn't going to deter their customers from buying.

Polish caked into the grills is just sloppy work IMO. Maybe McLaren send their cars to Paul for final prep before they go to customers in which case that's good, but if not and that's the condition they are delivered to customers I just think that reflects poorly on McLaren (pardon the pun).

#16 ·
Excellent work! I saw one of these up the road from my Mums house in Bristol at the weekend. Has a Union Jack vinyl wrap! :eek: Speaking to her husband, the guy who owns it lives in the 3 bed terraced house there! Made me laugh, that must be one helluva Finance payment each month!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.