Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:08 PM   #601
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,455 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyz1 View Post
I have been watching your resto as I too am restoring a series 1 2+2 originally from the USA and a basket case. A lot of the problems I have had are similar but many of mine relate to getting it to a concours standard and not the even more difficult resto you propose. The costs of everything have been eye watering and I have been misled many times along the way but the car is 3 years in and close to completion.

Firstly there were some great straight six engines in the Nissan world from 70s and 80s. These on the face of it had similar dimensions but I have no idea about exact dimensions. The RB30 engine used in the Skyline seems to be a bit of a legend.

Secondly I am scavaging for a few last parts. I was wondering if you are keeping your back seats in the same format. My restorer has lost the rear seat hinges that allow the seat back to cantilever forward and back to give more space. I thought if you were going for a modern arrangement you might like to get good money for your hinges.

Just a long shot.

Thanks
Chris
Chris,

A fellow sufferer!

Thanks for your thoughts.

I’m sorry but I exchanged my seats for a very classy pair of MX-5 reupholstered seats that someone was taking out of his E-Type. However, I don’t recall whether the springs/hinges were attached. I’ll ask Steve to take a look as everything is bagged and tagged.

We’re you asking about this on the E-Type Forum, which seems to be down at the moment?

Best

Peter
Fentum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 10:06 AM   #602
baldyz1
Unwashed Member

Yes indeed I was asking on the etype forum.

The hinges are on the rear seats at each side of the back rest. Basically its like a heavy steel parallelogram about 12 inches long.

If you are fitting your rear seats back then you will obviously need them but if you are fitting seats from another vehicle such as BMW etc then you wont.

Thanks
Chris
baldyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 11:13 AM   #603
Fentum
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,455 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by baldyz1 View Post
Yes indeed I was asking on the etype forum.

The hinges are on the rear seats at each side of the back rest. Basically its like a heavy steel parallelogram about 12 inches long.

If you are fitting your rear seats back then you will obviously need them but if you are fitting seats from another vehicle such as BMW etc then you wont.

Thanks
Chris
Chris, I'll ask Steve if the hinge thing is still there.

P
Fentum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 04:13 PM   #604
baldyz1
Unwashed Member

Hinges

Really appreciate it.

I found a set in the states but the guy has been awkward about posting to the UK.
baldyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baldyz1 For This Useful Post:
Ben_W (11-10-2018)