Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Autoglym Our quest for perfection began with eight pioneering car care treatments that breathed new life into tired bodywork and wheels. From our original premises in Welwyn Garden City, Autoglym quickly became a trusted name, finding a home on shelves across the nation’s car dealerships and garages.

Old 31-07-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
330CDT
Washmitt Meister

How to remove extra gloss protection?

Hi guys,

approximately 3 weeks ago I gave my car it's first wash, polish with srp and then used extra gloss protection. Was really impressed considering it was my first time! (Other than sealing in a couple of water spots.. doh!)

Anyway since then it's been in the bodyshop for some work to arches and wings etc so there will be 'newly' painted/sprayed parts on the car

I would like to take it all back and start over fresh giving it all a nice polish again. Is this safe to do with newly sprayed bits? And what can I use to take it off?

Many thanks,
Tom
330CDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 02:45 PM   #2
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Thanked 1,704 Times in 872 Posts
Glad you like the products, the car looks great!

To remove everything you can use our High Definition Cleanser, but if it has only been 3 weeks you are removing it rather early, there are a good few months of protection left there.

Regarding the newly painted areas you are best to contact the bodyshop and see how the surface was finished and what advice they would give you regarding new polishing. You need to ensure that the surface is fully dried and ready for polishing, if it hasn't fully hardened you could encounter issues. Best give them a call and see what they advise to be on the safe side. Without knowing the process it has gone through it would be wrong to advise you.

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote