Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Studio
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Studio The place the Detailing World Supporters display their work for viewing : This is a subscription section you will need to go to your userCP (top left of the page) and select Paid Subscriptions for more information.

Old 30-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #1
Reflectology
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Location: Sheffield or there or there abouts....often caught short in the Rainforests of the Shires....
Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,011 Posts
Garage
Fez and his best mates have it tuff, but hang on in there....

Well what a turn up....old Fez and his best mates, the Scholl gang, rocked up on Wednesday morning acting all bullish thinking to themselves....Range Rover Sport, piece of cake....on first glance I myself thought much the same, no issues on previous RRS's so cracked on with the job at hand with the usual 3BM....a few pics of what lay in wait....

First up were the wheels, and a mighty fine set of Ally Clogs they were too...they were tackled with my usual muster of products to gain a free from grease and grime surface in preparation for some of the "good stuff" to be applied later....It was then onto the "Bulk" which seemed to take an age to clean, just wasn't having it....should really have clicked from this point....but on I soldiered and once the clean was done it was out with the clay, Permanon Hecta extremely diluted with Roll Up n Shine medium grade clay, as per the ritual were used but again was taking a fair old crack of the whip to get anything like....again should really have clicked....after battling through the trenches with the clay stage here is what was in store and ready and waiting for Fez and the boys....

So after a quick fettle from Fez and S17+ on an SSP we ended up with this....

By no means crisp but we got the level and combo spot on....for the bonnet at least....so inside we stepped and got the lights out to join in....

Just out of curiosity I thought I would try another panel so it was the rear door this time and again S17+ with SSP....spot on results from one 60 second blast....

Some further shots from the bonnet....

Then it all turned sour....started at the roof and didnt end there....never have i worked with such soft and sticky paintwork....previous RR's have been a dream to work on but this one just didnt want to play and Fez and the boys had started to have a rough time of it....no sooner had I started with what ever combo I used it just bogged and clogged....my usual, and initial combo was having none of it, I then tried orange and S17+, nothing, well I say nothing i was getting plenty of little balls of S17+ being thrown everywhere but not much else....although it did move a lot more freely there was no correction being achieved at all...so I thought I would use my nous a bit and go for corrective finishing with S3 Gold Edition and S30 mix...although this worked a dream I was still being dealt a high hologram card so it was on with a Black Farecla Pad and S17+....now normally paint just seems to give up the ghost and say "ok you win".....not this one....heck i even tried Nanotech SST Nano Polish Super Gloss but it seemed only to batten down the hatches and start the process all over again....so a thought was to use Dual Action, now I am not one for calling it a day with Fez but the paint was just not accepting his method of "I win"....so out came Fez's long lost friend Mr g220 who came well prepared with his own style and a bottle of the not very often used Lime Prime...now bare in mind the bonnet and rear passenger door were quite happily playing ball with my initial advances the rest started to have its own little plaything....Mr g220 and Lime Prime...severe hologramming and LP marring....I then played a master card....Dual Action....Farecla Black Pad and Scholl Concepts A15+ and low and behold vengeance was mine...heres how the roof looked after a few passes of the combo and a couple of coats of Colly 845, but not before I dusted down with my long forgotten Lambswool duster, purely because I didnt want to induce any unnecessary marring....

Once the whole cha bang was completed it was finished off with RG55 and i must say makes for an amazing turnaround due to the issues faced....heres how it looks now....wheels sealed with Permanon Aircraft Supershine....

As you may have gathered this thread is basically to say that it matters not what has been before but what is now before you....as I have stated I have had no issues with Range Rover paint up until this job....but what the hey, you can only work with whats in front of you and decisions have to be made on practices needed to resolve the issues you are presented with....it also goes to show that sometimes something is sent to test you....I hope to the Lord Almighty this was mine.....thanks for hanging on in there and making it to the end of another Reflectology Detail....
Reflectology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reflectology For This Useful Post:
EvoBedmonster (04-10-2011), Johnnyopolis (04-10-2011), mistryn (03-10-2011), ozy (03-10-2011)
Old 30-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #2
Bratwurst
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,392 Times in 1,711 Posts
Garage
WOW - that's the fooking shiniest ever RR
Bratwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bratwurst For This Useful Post:
Reflectology (01-10-2011)
Old 30-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
Scrim-1-
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,320 Times in 2,059 Posts
Stunning finish Russ.
Scrim-1- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scrim-1- For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #4
e32chris
PC Perfectionist

Garage
looks like it had been cleaned with a brillo pad before.
amazing job and what a shine, great job.

gives me hope that i will be able to do something with the 20 year old paint on my bmw, which has terrible swirls and scatches
e32chris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to e32chris For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:12 PM   #5
Beau Technique
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,756 Times in 1,606 Posts
Worthy advisory and well executed Rusty, Sounded to be a royal pita but the outcome was a good one never the less.
Beau Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Beau Technique For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:18 PM   #6
paddy328

Looking mint now mate. Call me stupid, but whats ssp?
paddy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy328 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:23 PM   #7
MidlandsCarCare
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,882 Times in 3,604 Posts
SSP = Spider Sandwich Pad

Stunning work, one of the best finishes I've ever seen on a RR!
MidlandsCarCare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MidlandsCarCare For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:38 PM   #8
paddy328

never heard of them... link?
paddy328 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paddy328 For This Useful Post:
Old 30-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #9
MidlandsCarCare
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 6,882 Times in 3,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy328 View Post
never heard of them... link?
http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/scholl...acturers_id=69
MidlandsCarCare is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MidlandsCarCare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2011, 01:49 AM   #10
DMH-01
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,810 Times in 5,068 Posts
Cracking job buddy.
DMH-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMH-01 For This Useful Post:

Tags
detailing south yorkshire, range rover detailing, sheffield detailer, sheffield detailing, www.reflectology.co.uk