Detailing World Forum banner

After Respray

6K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Justanothersept 
#1 ·
Hi, my white bmw gt is going in for a respray soon due to previous owner. Wanted to know what could I use to protect the new paint work ...

The bodyshop said after dried, he will be polishing it with Meguiar's 205.

Would Gtechniq exo or c1 be the best protection without being way to expensive or would a different brand be better?

Thanks

#6 ·
If the paint has been baked in an oven, then it is cured and you can wax or seal it right away.

If its the main body of the car, and/or hasn't been in the oven then you will have to wait 4 weeks or so.

You can shampoo it and polish it if you need to, but just hang fire with the sealant.

#7 ·
Hi, my white bmw gt is going in for a respray soon due to previous owner. Wanted to know what could I use to protect the new paint work ...

The bodyshop said after dried, he will be polishing it with Meguiar's 205.

Would Gtechniq exo or c1 be the best protection without being way to expensive or would a different brand be better?

Thanks
I've got Polish Angel Master Sealant on mine at the moment, been on since last July and holding up really well in terms of protection and beading.
Topped up once a month (if that) with Polish Angel Rapidwaxx.

You'll only need a small bottle of Master Sealant (I bought a 200ml bottle and there's well over half a bottle left and I've done 2 coats on 2 cars with it)

C1 and EXO are great coatings, really need to be applied indoors at correct temperatures and humidity to get best results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.