Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autosmart
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 14-07-2018, 08:22 PM   #11
slim_boy_fat
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,008 Posts
Mine came out of my 5ltr tin, but still 'dried out' - I haven't checked what remains in the tin....yet.
slim_boy_fat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slim_boy_fat For This Useful Post:
macca666 (14-07-2018)
Old 16-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #12
djberney
Sponge Jockey

I've got 5ltr that I'm about half way through. Give it a shake before decanting into dispense bottle and not had any problems so far. If you are going to be put off something just because you have to shake before use there are a lot of things out there you'll never use, and not just in detailing.
djberney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
PerryGunn
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
A good shake and then stand it in a bowl/pan of hot water helped with mine.
I tried this - in fact, I tried it replacing the water several times up to the point where the container got so hot I couldn't hold it in bare hands and had to shake it using oven gloves, although it seemed to soften a bit, it didn't really help

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat View Post
I'm in the same boat - I've poured some IPA into the container and given it a good shake. Seems to have helped a bit, I'll have another go at it later.
After the hot water I tried some IPA - ended up with relatively thin purple liquid with a layer of waxy porridge on top. Kept shaking it over a couple of days but the 'porridge' wouldn't dissolve - then tried repeating the hot water bath (as above) but still no joy....

Given up on it now and thrown it away....
PerryGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #14
slim_boy_fat

Thanked 1,184 Times in 1,008 Posts
I've been hoping someone from AutoSmart might be along to advise if anything can be done to restore it to the original consistency.
slim_boy_fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
PerryGunn
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat View Post
I've been hoping someone from AutoSmart might be along to advise if anything can be done to restore it to the original consistency.
Yeah, if we knew which solvent to use there might be a chance - although, after my experiment with IPA, I think I can conclusively say that it's not alcohol...
PerryGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PerryGunn For This Useful Post:
slim_boy_fat (17-07-2018)
Old 18-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #16
djberney
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryGunn View Post
Yeah, if we knew which solvent to use there might be a chance - although, after my experiment with IPA, I think I can conclusively say that it's not alcohol...
The answer's always alcohol. Now what was the question?
djberney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #17
Autosmart International
DW Sponsor

Hello all,
Here are a few points from the chemists behind the product development at head office, which will hopefully answer/respond to your comments and queries.

1. If it is being decanted out of the 5L tin we supply, there are 2 issues that might be occurring – contamination or prolonged storage separation.

2. With the situation where it comes out thick and grainy, this sounds like there could be some contamination, maybe the bottle had another product in it previously?

3. With regards to separation, it is normal see some level of separation over time with polishes. Topaz is a hybrid polish that offers better stability compared with a traditional polish. The warm weather could have been playing a part too.

4. We do advise that you give it a good shake before each and every use to mix the product back in together. We supply Topaz in 5L tins because if kept in plastic for a long time some of the product can start to leach into the plastic, this may be why the product is appearing to dry out or become thicker. Try and use Topaz in bottles within a shorter period of time.

I hope this sheds some light. It is important to note that we only sell this product in 5L and any product not purchased from one of our distributors is not authentic Autosmart product and therefore we could not comment on why it has deteriorated.

If anyone would like any further clarification or help, don’t hesitate to send us pictures or queries by emailing info@autosmart.co.uk – you can put for the attention of Jenni.

Kind regards- Jenni – Support Services Coordinator
Autosmart International is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autosmart International For This Useful Post:
PerryGunn (19-07-2018), slim_boy_fat (19-07-2018)
Old 19-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #18
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
You guys need to remember AutoSmart isnt marketed at the weekend warrior.

Their stuff is aimed at valets and people in the industry that will use this stuff on a daily basis, its not supposed to be sat on a shelf for 6 months untouched

I have had bottles of quick detailer that have seprated in 2 weeks so its not just AS.
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #19
GSD

It all sounds too much monkey business for me I tried it and hated it won't try any AS products again.
GSD is offline   Reply With Quote