Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 15-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #51
Coxyboy123
Sponge Jockey

What difference does a dirtkiller lance make and the automatic start stop on the Kranzle? i assume the start stop is just so that its not running all the time? but i dont get the dirtkiler lance???

any good links for purchasing is appreciated also.

Thanks.
Coxyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2017, 11:32 AM   #52
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,545 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxyboy123 View Post
What difference does a dirtkiller lance make and the automatic start stop on the Kranzle? i assume the start stop is just so that its not running all the time? but i dont get the dirtkiler lance???

any good links for purchasing is appreciated also.

Thanks.
The Dirtkiller is the equivalent of a Nilfisk Tornado nozzle, ie it focuses all the power of that machine into a point, but then rotates that point in a circle very quickly so as to cover a wider area. It's very aggressive and not something you'd ever use on a car, but just the job for cleaning patios, etc.

The start stop is as you say - My K7 doesnt have it, I just switch it off when I'm not going to be using it for a few minutes.

As for where to buy, there's lots of UK dealers, you could also consider buying one from Germany but the price advantage of doing so is not as great as it was a couple of years back.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2017, 10:03 AM   #53
derekmca
Sponge Jockey

Garage
I use a nilfisk P150.2. I don't think it's possible to out shine this washer for cars and round the house jobs. I use a snowfoam lance and use the onboard detergent tank to spray wax on car. 10 out of 10 I would give it.
derekmca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 11:30 AM   #54
Coxyboy123
Sponge Jockey

I'm sorry to still keep asking questions but the karcher K7 seems to have a better flow and pressure rate than any of the kranzles or nilfisks. It's also available for only £430.

As much as I want a keanzle the stats don't seem as good as the karcher and they are a lot more expensive. Any thoughts here on the K7?

Many thanks.
Old 20-04-2017, 11:38 AM   #55
steelghost

Garage
Don't know much about the Kärcher K7. You don't just buy a Kränzle for performance, you buy one for reliability and extended support. As to whether that's worth it to you, only you can decide.
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
sm81 (01-05-2017)
Old 20-04-2017, 12:26 PM   #56
markcaughey
PC Perfectionist

Have a look at this, K7 Compact

Its basically a K7 premium without all the unnecessary bells and whistles but with the same internals and performance. Thats what i have and I'm very happy with how it performs and at that price you can't go wrong

Be quick though as i have saw a few people picking these up on the forum and Homebase are the only reseller of this machine in the UK and once they sell out they won't be getting anymore in. Not too sure how they ended up selling them anyway as they were not supposed to be for the UK market so these really are a one time offer !

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...-washer-375625
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to markcaughey For This Useful Post:
Coxyboy123 (21-04-2017)
Old 21-04-2017, 04:46 PM   #57
Coxyboy123
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Have a look at this, K7 Compact

Its basically a K7 premium without all the unnecessary bells and whistles but with the same internals and performance. Thats what i have and I'm very happy with how it performs and at that price you can't go wrong

Be quick though as i have saw a few people picking these up on the forum and Homebase are the only reseller of this machine in the UK and once they sell out they won't be getting anymore in. Not too sure how they ended up selling them anyway as they were not supposed to be for the UK market so these really are a one time offer !

http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebas...-washer-375625
I've thought long and hard about this...

I want the highest pressure and flow that I can get and for cost vs this statistic, this K7 is the top trump.

Although I have listened to everyone's recommendations on the kranzle, I just can't spend the money. The karcher K2 I'm currently using does the job butnis in general not good enough for me. So because of your post I'm gonna head into Swansea and pick me up a K7 compact from my local home base. Thanks for the info.
Old 21-04-2017, 04:49 PM   #58
steelghost

Garage
Glad you were able to come to a decision. Those K7 compacts do look like pretty tasty machines
Old 21-04-2017, 07:23 PM   #59
markcaughey
PC Perfectionist

Good choice, you are the third person thats bought one this week from my recommendation, think Homebase should be paying me commission

My new lance end arrived this morning, angled lance end with 40 degree tip. Originally i was going to get a complete new gun and lance with swivel but could be doing with saving the pennies just now so went for this. Its a huge improvement IMO so much nicer to use with the angled end and wider fan, plus only cost £15 ! Definitely recommend any Karcher users to pick one up

Here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2915794141...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Just remember to specify what size tip you want
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2017, 02:16 PM   #60
silver_v
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Not sure why people buy Karcher? 1 year warranty opposed to Nilfisk 2 yr warranty. Nilfisk are stronger, more reliable, heavier etc etc. If you don't want to spend that kind of money go and get an Aldi or Lidl top of the range one around £80-£90.

I have a Nilfisk E140.3 used it every day to valet. (Equate that to a non professional washing every weekend or every other weekend). Then I have the Aldi Workforce 150 bar Pressure washer as a back up which has a 3 yr warranty, great machine for £80, its not quite the Nilfisk but good substitute and £200 less. Great for your weekend washers.
silver_v is offline   Reply With Quote