Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 06-01-2016, 01:06 PM   #1
Coxyboy123
Sponge Jockey

What's the pressure washer that everyone wants?

So, I'm currently using a small karcher (don't know exact model), but I don't like it. It wants to fall over all the time and the replacement nozzle I had to buy for it is already a problem to adjust. It also doesn't feel very powerful and I'm sure there must be a washer out there that is the choice of the car wash enthusiast.

Are the kranzle washers any good? I stumbled across them on one of the popular detailing shops websites.
Coxyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
Kimo
Banned

Thanked 4,615 Times in 3,310 Posts
Yup

Kranzle are beasts
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
AllenF
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,822 Times in 2,005 Posts
Garage
The one everyone wants is the one that magicly cleans and decontaminates the car in one go then click a switch and it tried it too.
Unfourtunatly such a machine doesn't exist so you go with a kranzle.
The flow rate is more important than the max pressure rating
AllenF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
cossiecol
Moderator & Reviewer

Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,481 Posts
Garage
Moved to correct section
Old 06-01-2016, 02:24 PM   #5
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 1,336 Times in 1,018 Posts
Garage
If I had an unlimited budget I'd have bought one of these - 11 litres a minute at 140 bar!. But I didn't, so I bought one of these (K7/122).

Still kicks the out of a lot of machines, and I know I can get parts and technical support if it goes wrong, rather than having to junk the whole thing.

And to answer the OP's question, yes, Kranzle are the business. You can run them dry for five minutes without any risk of damage. You're meant to run them dry for 20 seconds when you're finished using them to make sure the pump head doesn't freeze. Even their "family" (ie domestic spec) machines are better, in some respects, spec'd and engineered than mid-range and even "pro" models from some other manufacturers.

Their motto is "better perfect, than cheap", and they aren't kidding (of course, they aren't cheap, but in the longer term, probably a better deal than a string of "disposable" PWs.....)

(No, I'm not on commission, just seriously impressed with my little K7 )

Last edited by steelghost; 06-01-2016 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added flow specs
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:53 PM   #6
.Griff.
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Budget - Nilfisk
Investment - Kranzle
.Griff. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
Soul boy 68
DW's car of the day man & Moderator

Thanked 4,634 Times in 3,339 Posts
Garage
If I could afford one it would be a hot pressure washer, at over £500 it's a little off the radar at the moment.
Soul boy 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Soul boy 68 For This Useful Post:
Ducky (07-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 04:08 PM   #8
Cuffy
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Griff. View Post
Budget - Nilfisk
Investment - Kranzle
Couldn't agree more, even the lower range Nilfisk are well made and plenty good enough for weekly washes.
Cuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cuffy For This Useful Post:
.Griff. (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 04:18 PM   #9
Paul7189
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
If I had an unlimited budget I'd have bought one of these - 11 litres a minute at 140 bar!. But I didn't, so I bought one of these (K7/122).

Still kicks the out of a lot of machines, and I know I can get parts and technical support if it goes wrong, rather than having to junk the whole thing.

And to answer the OP's question, yes, Kranzle are the business. You can run them dry for five minutes without any risk of damage. You're meant to run them dry for 20 seconds when you're finished using them to make sure the pump head doesn't freeze. Even their "family" (ie domestic spec) machines are better, in some respects, spec'd and engineered than mid-range and even "pro" models from some other manufacturers.

Their motto is "better perfect, than cheap", and they aren't kidding (of course, they aren't cheap, but in the longer term, probably a better deal than a string of "disposable" PWs.....)

(No, I'm not on commission, just seriously impressed with my little K7 )
At 385 euros (£283) for the K7 its cheaper to drive to Germany and back and buy one instead of paying £460 in the uk. I have a friend who visits Germany quite regularly. I smell a business opportunity here! It works out at £587 for the 2160!
Paul7189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 04:45 PM   #10
Bero
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,308 Posts
The ultimate would be a diesel power hot pressure washer. But if you don't have the space/money/inclination/appetite for maintenance then a Kranzle are the business, I've had mine for a few years now.

If you look in the "ask Kranzle" thread in some cases you see they still support and sell parts for 20 year old machines! Good luck getting parts from the manufacturer of a domestic washer 20 minutes old! They're made for the commercial marked and should outlive you with domestic use!

Having said that my previous karcher lasted for years and was only £100......so it has a long way to go before being better value for money.

Last edited by Bero; 06-01-2016 at 04:47 PM.
Bero is offline   Reply With Quote