Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Waxstock > Waxstock 2018 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 22nd 2018)
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxstock 2018 (Ricoh Arena - Coventry July 22nd 2018) Car Care Show - Detailing Festival - Valeting Expo - Test products - Show and Shine and loads more .

Old 26-07-2018, 08:34 PM   #21
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 04:08 PM   #22
rasA4
Sponge Jockey

Garage
how much where the detail factory brushes? also generally speaking on detailing items are they cheaper than online prices?
rasA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #23
Danjc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasA4 View Post
how much where the detail factory brushes? also generally speaking on detailing items are they cheaper than online prices?
They were a total of £20.78 for both from Clean + Shiny and yes a little cheaper than on there website.

I haven’t used them yet but they are very soft
Danjc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Danjc For This Useful Post:
rasA4 (14-08-2018)
Old 31-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #24
Shopnshine
Dw Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelb73 View Post
Thanks for your reply. Most of the other retailers don't bother (auto finesse).

I am sure you do want to be competitive which is natural. I am a Retailer myself so I can understand that.

However if you look at one of your competitors such as Autobrite they had every item priced and at an obviously predetermined discount.

They were by far the busiest stall.

By not pricing items you will never attract the impulse purchase.
I'd say Autobrite were probably busy because of their discounts, not so much because items were priced.

Different kettle of fish when you know you're going to be the cheapest / only seller there at the show, you can spend the time pricing items etc.

As mentioned above we as a multi brand retailer want to remain competitive with both the manufacturers and the other re sellers.

However we will take this on board and implement pricing next year and im sure the other offenders will do also.

Dom

Last edited by Shopnshine; 31-07-2018 at 02:12 PM.
Shopnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shopnshine For This Useful Post:
Cookies (03-08-2018), Wilco (06-08-2018)
Old 03-08-2018, 10:32 PM   #25
michaelb73
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopnshine View Post
I'd say Autobrite were probably busy because of their discounts, not so much because items were priced.

Different kettle of fish when you know you're going to be the cheapest / only seller there at the show, you can spend the time pricing items etc.

As mentioned above we as a multi brand retailer want to remain competitive with both the manufacturers and the other re sellers.

However we will take this on board and implement pricing next year and im sure the other offenders will do also.

Dom
It is refreshing to see someone actually take the constructive criticism the correct way so thank you for taking the time to listen.

If I do decide to attend in the future I am sure I will visit your stall and make a purchase.

Auto Finesse however will not accept it and have barred me from commenting on their Facebook page which is a really odd thing to do and just makes me less inclined to ever use their product's. Would you expect to be barred from a local supermarket for voicing an opinion?

The discounts were good on the Autobrite stall were good I agree. However the fact that the products were priced meant that you could see the discounts unlike most of the others that just had say 20% show discount but this was meaningless or confusing since there was no price on the product to start with.

A simple was/now is all it needs.
michaelb73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:29 AM   #26
Shopnshine
Dw Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelb73 View Post
It is refreshing to see someone actually take the constructive criticism the correct way so thank you for taking the time to listen.

If I do decide to attend in the future I am sure I will visit your stall and make a purchase.

Auto Finesse however will not accept it and have barred me from commenting on their Facebook page which is a really odd thing to do and just makes me less inclined to ever use their product's. Would you expect to be barred from a local supermarket for voicing an opinion?

The discounts were good on the Autobrite stall were good I agree. However the fact that the products were priced meant that you could see the discounts unlike most of the others that just had say 20% show discount but this was meaningless or confusing since there was no price on the product to start with.

A simple was/now is all it needs.
We have to listen in order to improve, otherwise we end up with a problem like we have now. It's hard to see it always from the public's viewpoint so feedback is always important.

Hopefully see you at a future Waxstock

Dom