Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 10-10-2014, 01:54 PM   #11
muzzer

Thanked 4,182 Times in 2,637 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyG View Post
Not on the Mondeo. It'll attempt at specific intervals (typically 400 miles) when the engine load is correct and at least 25% fuel in the tank. If it fails a regen, it'll wait 400 miles till another attempt is made.

Engine RPM has no effect, other than you need to be at least 1700rpm which you should always be anyway when doing a run.
If it's the same for skoda then i will be ok as my journey to work is half an hour at 2000rpm and occasional blasts up to 2750rpm.
muzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to muzzer For This Useful Post:
j3ggo (11-10-2014)
Old 11-10-2014, 04:42 AM   #12
footfistart
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I've been looking all over the place about egr on the euro four engines and everyone seems to have problems with it. it's either clean it every so often or get a cheap obd fault reader and delete the error every so often like some people do. my euro five focus is fine. no faults and the blank has been on for 30,000.

The Dpf I'm not sure if it's a self cleaning type or it's that dreaded fluid type. I think it's the ceramic type. as the car now has three years warranty which cover near enough everything except tyres. there is a exhaust company in Basingstoke called longlife and they do Dpf gutts and maps to suit but again warranty is now there. I'll ask what can be done which won't void it. I think the only performance mod I'll do when I get around to do it is a bluefin as most people seem to rate them very well. they get good power gains and better economy. be nice to hear first hand what people have experienced.

the car is in need of a detail. paint is a bit flat so a good cleanse should fix that. the only issue I have is that the interior is alcantra and I don't really know how to look after it. so advice for that would be amazing.
wheels have been refurbished so in the near future I'll be getting some gtechniq wheel armour to seal them.

I need a colour scheme for the car. the car has red bolsar stitching on the seats and other trim bits so maybe silver and red. I'm not too sure as I would like a full led upgrade on interior and I do like to have a nice white light. maybe red footwells?

I do promise pictures will be arriving soon.

thanks for replies more advice is welcome
footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 12:14 PM   #13
SteveyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfistart View Post
The Dpf I'm not sure if it's a self cleaning type or it's that dreaded fluid type. I think it's the ceramic type.
There's no fluid for the DPF. Whether that's a good thing or not depends on the type of journeys you do.

The Superchips remap is good - especially on the Mk4 2.2 since the gains are very impressive. You definitely notice it more on yours than the Mk4.5.

The stock Mk4.5 interior LED lighting looks to be about 3500K and it seems to suit it well, but a cooler white would not look good IMO. If you have the red-orange (~620nm) submarine lighting in your model that comes on at night, I'd match that colour for the footwells.
SteveyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:13 PM   #14
packard

Watch the tye valve sensors - prone to failure and very ££, you can get the function turned off if annoys you when kaput.
packard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:59 PM   #15
samm

I have had mine for about 4 years, and have had no problems with it at all.

The Superchips remap is well worth doing, depending on the build date will depend on wether you can use the Bluefin device or remove the ECU and have it done on the bench. I had mine done and it now has 227 bhp, and it has made a good car even better.

Keep an eye on the inner edges of your tyres as they can wear down quite quickly.

If you have any questions, I am always glad to help.

Here is mine.

samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:20 PM   #16
bazz

Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,505 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to bazz
like the sound of the plans for the mondeo look forwared to seeing pics.
samm that's one nice looking mondeo you got
bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #17
Workhorse
Washmitt Meister

Samm that car is gorgeous! I'm a sucker for estates
Workhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 07:09 PM   #18
KGB
Unwashed Member

Careful with gutting the DPF, HM Revenue & Customs going after people for tax evasion if they modify or remove the DPF through roadside checks with VOSA. Their view is that drivers are benefitting from cheaper road tax by running DPF equipped cars then modifying/removing the filter which achieves the lower emmisions!!
KGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:13 AM   #19
footfistart

Garage
Thing is my estate isn't cheap for tax is 200 per year so for me that's hardly cheap. cheap is my focus whic is 30 per year. I've found out that the warranty does not cover Dpfs so it maybe on the cards. I'll see how the car behaves over the next few months.

your blue estate looks awesome. how is it with the bluefin? I take it it pulls like a freight train no matter what gear your in. how many miles have you put through it with the device? my car was registered 30/03/2009 if that helps. mine is moondust silver and I must admit I wasn't too sure when I first saw it but as I keep looking at the pictures I like it even more. pics will be loaded up later on today as I will be starting my four off. I work four on four off nights at Heathrow with British Airways.

I have found on eBay a debadged grille so that will be ordered.

anyone have any ideas on a colour scheme. I am not sure on the the submarine lights. to be honest I'm not sure it even has it. could be wrong.

I will send you a private message samm asking a good few questions. thanks for the offer
footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #20
RichieST
Sponge Jockey

Here is a few pics of my hatch, love it to bits!

Which I am pretty chuffed with, seeing as it used to look like this,

Rich
RichieST is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RichieST For This Useful Post:
IYRIX (20-11-2014)