Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2014, 01:12 PM   #21
footfistart
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
footfistart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 47
Thanked 306 Times in 246 Posts
Garage
So as promised here are some pictures of the car when i went to go and look at it.
the picture of the alloy thats what all the ones where like but they have all been refurbished.

[IMG][/IMG]





[URL=http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/ryanbarrimore/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-10/IMAG1366_zpss0mtfcnt.jpg.html][/URL

sorry for pics being sideways photobucket wont rotate it

footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to footfistart For This Useful Post:
s29nta (12-10-2014)
Old 12-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #22
sfstu
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
sfstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: samcrowthorne
Posts: 1,212
Thanks: 1,920
Thanked 814 Times in 672 Posts
Looking forward to seeing some pics...
I had a mk3 titanium x diesel mondeo estate...had everything on/in it and I absolutely loved that car and shouldn't have got rid of it when I did...

Have a look on ford forums, there's a guy who makes his own leds for the mk4and does a complete kit that covers all...Not cheap but very good quality...
I did my mates mk4 mondeo, a full interior and exterior led swap using various bulbs from ebay. took ages to work out which bulbs needed and then several didn't work/last...!

If you're into modding and leds, have seen several people add led's to places like interior door handle wells and also edge of door card so when door is open there's a line of leds running down the edge. It looked good and was a relatively easy job to do i think...

rgds Stu
sfstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #23
samm
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
samm's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 767
Thanks: 678
Thanked 485 Times in 303 Posts
With that level of curbing on the wheels, I would have a full geometry check done matey.
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:04 PM   #24
footfistart
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
footfistart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 47
Thanked 306 Times in 246 Posts
Garage
Yeah I think I will get the geometry looked at. It drove very well and drove in a straight line without going left or right. but as they have been refurbished id imagine they have been re balanced. how much is a full laser treatment and adjustment?

yeah i would like to add leds and mode lighting if it has the low red lights. I would love the drls installed. I was going to do that on my focus but I bought this car instead. so I've sent the day putting it back to stock. intercooler off and will be going on eBay, a 57s induction with a spare kn filter. I've got a ford music box but it's intergreatable so I'm keeping that unless I can come across a usb like some people have found. I had a hid kit installed which will also be going on eBay. if anyone is intrested let me know as I'd love to get rid of it all.
I'm thinking silver and red to match the interior stitching. I have no idea how to look after the alcantra. any tips or guides would me much appreciated. I've got some gtechniq fabric protector so when I get the seats nice and clean I'll protect them with that? shouldn't effect the suade effect?

I've seen someone who has a mk4 with an rs style intake. I would like some of that action or an enclosed induction system. I can't seem to find anywhere that do it all seems to be a custom job?
footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 PM   #25
boost monster
Washmitt Meister
 
boost monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Fife
Posts: 131
Thanks: 98
Thanked 76 Times in 52 Posts
Don't worry about gutting the dpf I done mine a few years ago and mot's are not a problem.
boost monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #26
SteveyG
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
SteveyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 1,583
Thanked 980 Times in 797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost monster View Post
Don't worry about gutting the dpf I done mine a few years ago and mot's are not a problem.
What about the particulates/exhaust nasties though?
SteveyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
footfistart
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
footfistart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 47
Thanked 306 Times in 246 Posts
Garage
The car is now home took him for a fill up. Not too impressed with that but hey. 85 smackers and the trio said I've only got 495miles! But the car wow it's nice. Once I got used to the clutch, brakes and seating with some stalling the car us by far an amazing machine. The car mileage is less than I thought with 33,650. We drove about 40 miles today and a faultless drive apart from the fact no one else seems to know how to drive in the rain.

I have a couple of questions about the car though.

Where can I find an accurate place that sells bulbs and the bulbs are correct to that car?
How do I find out what firmware/software the satnav is? Only I believe that you can buy or get hold of updates?

I would also like to update the accessories side if the ecu. I did this with my focus by using a nodded elmconfig. But apparently this won't work for the mondeo. I would like to turn on auto locking as for some reason I thought it would be on being the top of the range.

The car needs detailing but being silver it's very hard to see what damage lay ahead of me. So some advice on silver paint to bring gloss out ect ect. The wheels have been refurbished and I don't want to ruin them already so is there anything I can do to keep them clean for now until I can get the wheels off. Ideally I would like some C5 I think it is? I used to use autoglym egp on the wheels and made washing wheels and car a doddle.

Can't think of much else. Detailed pics will be uploaded tomorrow. I'm tying to keep them small as I don't want to pay a fee each month for hosting pictures unless someone knows more about it.

Thanks Ryan.
footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #28
vfr
Sponge Jockey
 
vfr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North East
Posts: 81
Thanks: 7
Thanked 44 Times in 38 Posts
It doesn't do the auto lock. Here is a useful list of stuff to do with setting up/working on the car.
vfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #29
SteveyG
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
SteveyG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Peterborough
Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 1,583
Thanked 980 Times in 797 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by footfistart View Post
The car is now home took him for a fill up. Not too impressed with that but hey. 85 smackers and the trio said I've only got 495miles! But the car wow it's nice. Once I got used to the clutch, brakes and seating with some stalling the car us by far an amazing machine. The car mileage is less than I thought with 33,650. We drove about 40 miles today and a faultless drive apart from the fact no one else seems to know how to drive in the rain.

I have a couple of questions about the car though.

Where can I find an accurate place that sells bulbs and the bulbs are correct to that car?
How do I find out what firmware/software the satnav is? Only I believe that you can buy or get hold of updates?

I would also like to update the accessories side if the ecu. I did this with my focus by using a nodded elmconfig. But apparently this won't work for the mondeo. I would like to turn on auto locking as for some reason I thought it would be on being the top of the range.

The car needs detailing but being silver it's very hard to see what damage lay ahead of me. So some advice on silver paint to bring gloss out ect ect. The wheels have been refurbished and I don't want to ruin them already so is there anything I can do to keep them clean for now until I can get the wheels off. Ideally I would like some C5 I think it is? I used to use autoglym egp on the wheels and made washing wheels and car a doddle.

Can't think of much else. Detailed pics will be uploaded tomorrow. I'm tying to keep them small as I don't want to pay a fee each month for hosting pictures unless someone knows more about it.

Thanks Ryan.
You can set up auto lock via elmconfig if you have a modified cable. Join talkford or stdrivers for more detailed info.

For the navigation you need to buy a disc from Ford. You should be able to get one for about £90.
SteveyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #30
duffer26
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 34
Thanks: 5
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveyG View Post
You can set up auto lock via elmconfig if you have a modified cable. Join talkford or stdrivers for more detailed info.

For the navigation you need to buy a disc from Ford. You should be able to get one for about £90.
Second that. Talkford is where you want to be.
duffer26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors