Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 11-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #31
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisChadwick7 View Post
some nice driving there arwel! it looked a very tight course to run and you did well to keep it together when it skipped out a few times
It was very tight in places. Looking forward to later on in the year when we can have a go at one of the Epynt events which are lovely and fast and flowing. haha cheers Lewis, I've mastered the art of catching a skip like that from years of peugot 205 ownership so when the Fiesta did it, it was nice and easy to correct
Arwel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:09 AM   #32
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Last stage from the rally on Sunday. Think this was our quickest run of the day as we properly started settling into the car.

https://youtu.be/tTfKUTffIYE
Old 20-04-2017, 01:05 PM   #33
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

The rally was a non speccy event and there have been very limited photos from the photographer who was there but here are a quick couple.

Old 20-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #34
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage

Those fog lights were sooooo made for brake cooling ducts!

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2017, 02:49 PM   #35
ollienoclue
Orbital Oracle

I'm surprised you have kept so much of the interior- door cards etc??

Can you turbo-charge this thing, exactly what is permitted under the rules? Can you swap in a gearbox from a diesel Fiesta to give you the gearing in a tougher, uprated box??

Ideal car for it, Ford parts are ten a penny, I would love to have the time and space to do a car conversion, I'd enjoy the spanner work more than the actual driving!
ollienoclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2017, 07:33 AM   #36
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

haha they are pretty perfect for brake ducts aren't they.

We have to keep major interior trim components to comply with Road Rallies and the Road Rally class on stage events. So things like roof lining, original door cards, carpet and rear seat bench must remain in the car.
We wouldn't be allowed to run a turbo in our class with this engine, petrol turbo engines are capped at 1400cc for road rallies. For stage events you would have to fit a 34mm restrictor too and as the car is 2 wheel drive and not 4 wheel drive you would have the engine capacity timed by 1.7 i think it is so would end up having to run in the 3500cc and over class so im not sure how competitive it would be.
Gearbox can be changed, we cant run a sequential though but we are looking at ways of improving the gearbox with a lower final drive and LSD however I was impressed with the ratios in the standard gearbox.
Im hoping I dont cause too much damage anyway but if I did then panels are readily available and pretty well priced. This has been a dream to work on compared to my old 205 as that was just a nightmare to work on.
Old 26-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #37
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

It's all been a little quiet for the Fiesta lately. Its been parked up since the rally in April due to other commitments but we have stuck an entry in for a little Targa road rally. The rally is ran to road rally regulations but is held in the Sweet Lamb complex and is made up by a series of special tests. Hopefully we'll find out this week if we have a run on it and the prep work can begin then.
Old 04-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #38
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

I haven't put much time into the little Fiesta lately but we cracked on with it on Saturday and got the engine out as it needs a rebuild. It always had a little rattle from the top and we found a loose timing chain follower which solves that. However it used a lot of oil on the rally we did in April and a compression test showed that cylinder 4 was 50psi down on the others so we decided to give it a refresh now and add a few more goodies for some more power. Im hoping for a quickish turnaround to get the car back up and running and put some miles on it before its used in competition again.
P.s, Sorry about all the other photos, Photobucket has had a meltdown so Im starting again on Imgur.

Old 11-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #39
Arwel
Sponge Jockey

Some more updates over the weekend. Engine now completely stripped down and the clean up has began. The big end bearings were toast and we were very lucky not to have a really broken engine on our hands. So new parts will be ordered this week and hopefully next weekend we can start putting it back together.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:28 PM   #40
rob267
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Jesus.....
You aint joking about the big ends.
Did it ruin the crank shaft?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
rob267 is offline   Reply With Quote