Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 09-05-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

So which Kranzle do I go for?

I recently bought a Nilfisk P150 as I'd convinced myself that a Kranzle was an expensive waste of money and a normal consumer unit (although their supposed pro range) would do me fine. I opened the box, set it all up and gave it a try. It seemed to work really well and I was quite pleased until I went to wind the hose back on to the reel that is. This is when I noticed the mounting was broken and the reel wasn't properly attached to one side of the machine. Not good for a machine that arrived only an hour earlier. So I boxed it all back up and it was collected yesterday. The company asked if I wanted a replacement or refund but due to some other issues (namely how they process their returns) I decided a refund was in my best interest.

So now I'm thinking of waiting for the Elite Group Buy on Kranzles so I can waste even more money, but which one?

I've looked at the 1050tst as this seems to fit what I need. A true rubber hose on a reel, a dirt blaster with quick release and a wheeled chassis, but it's only the consumer unit. I've also looked at the K7 and K10, the cost would be about the same, but I'm worried that the lack of reel will drive me mad and the fact you have to lift the thing everywhere rather than wheeling it about will do my head in. I know I can buy a reel and quick release fittings but this is going to expensive fast. Everyone seems to recommend the K7 but I'm not sure how many of you just use these at home.

It will also only be used on mains power and mains water fed, so that would lead me to think K10 over the K7 if I went that route, but is it that much better than the 1050. Basically I want this to be the last machine I buy in a long time so I'm looking for the most reliable and best performing one I can get for my money.

I'm assuming the 1050 motor and pump is not the same as the others but am I likely to have more problems with it? Is it not as strong or is it the pump that's not as good?

It'll be used to clean 2 cars a week and the odd patio/driveway. I know I can get away with a cheaper machine but this is a part present so I might as well buy a good one this time round.

I've searched and read up on them all, but I still can't make up my mind so throw some wisdom my way.

Last edited by Supa Koopa; 09-05-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Supa Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:00 PM   #2
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,736 Times in 1,241 Posts
If only using it with mains water and mains electricity go for the K10 or if you want wheels and hose reel go for the K1152 TST (the one I went for in the Elite GB)

I have a K7 (rated 7 l/sec) and the extra flow from the K1152 (10 l/sec) makes a big difference to cleaning power.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
Supa Koopa (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:23 PM   #3
magic919

I went through this is 2007 and bought the 1150T at the time. The 1152 TST looks like the equivalent now. Apart from me using a poor extension lead and blowing a capacitor it hasn’t missed a beat.
magic919 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to magic919 For This Useful Post:
Supa Koopa (09-05-2018)
Old 09-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
JB052

I tried Karcher, Nilfisk and even a Bosch pressure washer all of which had issues before changing to a Kranzle K7 a few years ago together with the Kranzle rotary patio cleaner both of which are excellent.

The patio and drive get cleaned once a year and its used on 2 cars about once a month.

I chose the K7 as its very compact and easy to store but agree that not having the PW hose on a reel can be a little frustrating at times.
JB052 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JB052 For This Useful Post:
Supa Koopa (09-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Koopa View Post

I've looked at the 1050tst as this seems to fit what I need. A true rubber hose on a reel, a dirt blaster with quick release and a wheeled chassis, but it's only the consumer unit. I've also looked at the K7 and K10, the cost would be about the same, but I'm worried that the lack of reel will drive me mad and the fact you have to lift the thing everywhere rather than wheeling it about will do my head in. I know I can buy a reel and quick release fittings but this is going to expensive fast. Everyone seems to recommend the K7 but I'm not sure how many of you just use these at home.

It will also only be used on mains power and mains water fed, so that would lead me to think K10 over the K7 if I went that route, but is it that much better than the 1050. Basically I want this to be the last machine I buy in a long time so I'm looking for the most reliable and best performing one I can get for my money.

I'm assuming the 1050 motor and pump is not the same as the others but am I likely to have more problems with it? Is it not as strong or is it the pump that's not as good?

It'll be used to clean 2 cars a week and the odd patio/driveway. I know I can get away with a cheaper machine but this is a part present so I might as well buy a good one this time round.

I've searched and read up on them all, but I still can't make up my mind so throw some wisdom my way.
Kranzle make 1,400 and 2,800 rpm machines, the chief advantage of the slower motor speed is that they can use low pressure water sources without risking cavitation damage to the pump head.

That said, if you don't need or want that option, getting a 10lpm machine is well worth it as the extra flow gives you better cleaning and rinsing power, better foaming if you use a lance, etc. These machines are not quite as power efficient as the 1,400rpm ones - eg the HD10 (10lpm) uses 2.5kW vs 1.6kW for the HD7 (7lpm), and are also a bit louder due to the faster motor. In the limit, the slower machines have a longer service life but for home use this isn't really a factor, since they are not being used for hours on end every day.

I have a HD7 and really like it, but I chose it specifically because I wanted to run it off stored rainwater (and because when I bought mine, the HD10 was a good bit dearer - that price difference has gone now). About a year ago I fitted a hose reel in my garage (as well as a longer high pressure hose) for mine and it does make it much, much quicker to use. So if you go with one of the HD series you definitely want to budget for a reel in my view. If I was running off mains and buying today, I'd likely go with either a K10 and the separate reel (mounted on the wall) - or the 1152.

The other option worth considering is the K1050 TST which is a 2,800rpm machine, gives you 7.5lpm at 130bar (PDF link), and has a built in reel and 12m hose - plus comes with the dirtkiller lance for your patio. Not quite as beefy as the 10lpm machines but appreciably cheaper and you get pretty much everything you need for your use in the box.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
mdebeum (13-05-2018), Supa Koopa (10-05-2018)
Old 10-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #6
wish wash

I think whatever you choose your going to be very happy with it. My kranzle Is 8 years old now and if it blew to bits tomorrow I'd happily go buy another one.
wish wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Thanks Steelghost, very helpful.

This was basically my thoughts as well, but I was wondering what the practical differences were with the 1050tst. This is the machine I'm leaning towards as it has everything I need, but I was concerned the parts used may be of an inferior quality to the HD machines which may mean less performance or shorter service life. I'm struggling to find what the actual physical differences are. If you take a HD7 to compare it to, they are both 7 litres a minute and 120 bar, but one runs at 1,400rpm and the other at 2,800, so must be different pump head and motor. Compare that to a HD10 and and one is 10 litres but both are 2,800rpm, so different pump head, but shared motor possibly?

Who'd have thought buying a pressure washer would be so complicated.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #8
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:

Who'd have thought buying a pressure washer would be so complicated.
Just to add to your confusion; remember 1050 does not have the ability to adjust the pressure output. If you wanted to soft-wash house paintwork - for example - you couldn't.

Kranzles are built like tanks so a second-hand machine from eBay could also be a pocket saving strategy. There is a refurbed Quatro 11/4 for £350 from a dealer currently.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #9
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
Just to add to your confusion; remember 1050 does not have the ability to adjust the pressure output. If you wanted to soft-wash house paintwork - for example - you couldn't.
You don't need to reduce the pump pressure, you just fit a suitable nozzle with an oversized orifice, which reduces the back pressure that the pump develops.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 11:40 AM   #10
Supa Koopa
Sponge Jockey

Thank you to everyone for their posts and help. But we've still not really answered the crux of my question. I know the 1152tst and the 20 whatever's are nice, but for my own sanity £420 (or thereabouts depending on the GB) is the absolute maximum I'm willing to waste on a pressure washer to just clean my car. So with that in mind and the quote below what am I losing out on quality or performance wise by buying the 1050tst. A HD7/10 is roughly the same price as the 1050tst but it comes with extras like the dirtkiller with quick release fittings and a hose reel, so they must be cutting costs somewhere on this consumer unit.

Maybe I'm better off posting this in the Kranzle forum?

Quote:
This was basically my thoughts as well, but I was wondering what the practical differences were with the 1050tst. This is the machine I'm leaning towards as it has everything I need, but I was concerned the parts used may be of an inferior quality to the HD machines which may mean less performance or shorter service life. I'm struggling to find what the actual physical differences are. If you take a HD7 to compare it to, they are both 7 litres a minute and 120 bar, but one runs at 1,400rpm and the other at 2,800, so must be different pump head and motor. Compare that to a HD10 and and one is 10 litres but both are 2,800rpm, so different pump head, but shared motor possibly?