Detailing World Forum banner

Scholl S40 ~ Pad Combo

8K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  cleslie 
#1 · (Edited)
I have recently purchased some S40 and would like some advise on what pads to use. Will be used on a 2007 VW Touran.

#12 ·
Polishedbliss said:
SCHOLL Concepts SOFTouch Waffle Pads are therefore ideal for both enthusiasts and professional detailers who are seeking perfection when refining paint finishes with SCHOLL Concepts compounds (with the exception of SCHOLL Concepts S40, which loads up the open cell structure of the pad too quickly and thus tends to cause hologramming).
Taken from polishedbliss description section on the black waffle pad. I like the waffle pad and use it quite a bit with s30, but read in many places not to use the waffle pad with S40, so curious to know how you got on if you have

#14 ·
https://www.schollconcepts.com/en/shop/premium-rubbing-compounds/s30plus-swirl-remover

https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/scholl-concepts/products/scholl-concepts-s30-250g

Scholl Concepts S30+ is a tried and tested anti-swirl polish.

This high end, one-step micro polishing compound with extreme high gloss finish is suitable for both fresh and used paintwork. Slight to medium defects can be easily polished out, in a single application, without leaving holograms.

With slightly more cut than S40, this fine abrasive nano-compound removes a wider spectrum of moderate paint defects to a high gloss finish. It is great for scratch resistant paint systems, too.

Ideal for removing paint imperfections in the surface of freshly painted vehicles, quickly and efficiently without leaving any swirl marks or holograms, even on dark colours. Also for use on scratched and dull used paints.

Thanks to its innovative abrasive components, this silicone free compound is especially effective on the new generation of scratch resistant paints and lacquers, as well as on traditional vehicle paints.

How To Use:

Recommended for conventional and scratch-resistant paintwork.
Apply by Rotary (1000-2000 RPM) or Orbital (2000-10000 RPM) machine polishers.
We recommend using S30+ with Scholl Concepts NEO Spider Pads or Black SOFTOUCH Waffle Polishing Pads, available in 140mm and 85mm.

Cut: Fine (2/6) Gloss: Extreme (6/6) Sanding Paper: P2500

#20 ·
I’m not experienced at all in detailing. It I bought some s20 with orange hex pad and navy spider pad. I done a test panel on 2013 vw golf and the s20 never even touched it, swirl marks galore still. I have now bought s3 gold xxl and s40 and once the weather gets warmer I’ll be giving them a go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.