Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 03-10-2016, 05:40 PM   #21
Mikej857
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_225 View Post
Shame to say goodbye to the RS but I can see you're making the ST just as special.

If someone had said gold rims on a white Fiesta before I'd seen it, I'd have probably just shaken my head but that looks really good.

Look forward to seeing more developments.
I'm not going too mad with this one, its going to be subtle and I have a couple of bits i still want to do to the outside but nothing to out there.
I have to admit had I not seen the wheels already on a white ST it wouldn't have been a colour I'd have picked either but they do look ok but without the lowering it didn't look right at all because of there offset it needs the camber to make them not look like casters on a shopping trolley 😂
Mikej857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #22
Alex_225
Built-Not-Bought

Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,397 Posts
Garage
A friend of mind had very similar wheels in looks and also gold on his red VW Bora.

That was on air ride and sat very low as you can imagine but the gold on red worked too.

I'll be keeping an eye on this fast Ford
Alex_225 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex_225 For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (05-10-2016)
Old 04-10-2016, 10:04 AM   #23
Dal3D
PC Perfectionist

Garage
That looks lovely! Superb work with the white paint that can be tricky to get looking that good
Dal3D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dal3D For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (05-10-2016)
Old 12-10-2016, 11:15 PM   #24
Mikej857

Garage
Forgot to add, I managed to sort out the tpms that kept going off as I don't have the valves in the new wheels so I turned that off permanently and have enabled the auto locking and will be fitting the buttons to the steering wheel and activating the cruise control and I'm debating on whether to change the mirrors to the powerfold so I can activate it so they fold/unfold when I lock/unlock the car

Lots of features are there they just need turning on and if u find the right software it's easy enough to do
Old 14-10-2016, 07:11 PM   #25
Mikej857

Garage
Soooo recieved a delivery from Jay at Obsession a little something I've asked him to try for me to combat the need for a citrus pre wash and foam an all in one citrus foam, now this is the first sample and as it stands no tests have been completed so it's a bit of a shot in the dark but I know we will get there

I will hopefully be trying this tomorrow, Jay has said dilution should be 20ml to 500ml water so not much difference to the standard foam

A pic of the new sample

Also recieved my Trinity anniversary wax, very happy with it, looks stunning and very different and smells divine

And here's trinity

Hopefully the uprated intercooler is being fitted tomorrow, I didn't realise to get at it the whole bumper needs to come off including taking the headlights out, on my focus it was literally a 10 minutes job as you could get at it from underneath but yet again ford in there wisdom have made that impossible and every guide I've seen says to take the bumper off
Old 23-10-2016, 01:55 AM   #26
Mikej857

Garage
Quick update

The intercooler I bought is well.......still sitting in the box as I've managed somehow to put my back out and then managed to trip over the cat in the dark that was stupidly sleeping in the middle of the stairs, what's stupid is I walked past her on the way up and managed to go **** over *** on the way down so pretty much done nothing for 3 weeks

My god daytime TV is boring the consistent weirdos on Jeremy Kyle where do they manage to find these people

Anyway back to the car, today was the first time I've even tried to wash it it's not been started in the 3 weeks so although not dirty it was showing the weeks of water run marks ect.

Jays still working on one of my custom waxes but I had a sample he had sent a couple of weeks ago to try and the new foam I wanted to play with, after the initial foaming I noticed a few random brown spots and a bit of tar so thought it's an ideal time to break out the Renegade and Purge to remove the fallout and tar

Once washed and dried it was onto the wax, a nice wax that seemed to oil up well so spread forever, I decided to apply it to the whole car before removal which seemed to be ideal as it came off a breeze but does need some work although the finish was great it wasn't as easy as I wanted, I relayed this to Jay who informed me I should be receiving another sample today which actually decided to turn up the next day

She's don't look too bad, wheels and tyres finished with Nero and a top up with Flawless to add to the layers of Taranis so it's easier to keep them clean.

As for the new sample that came today I tried it on a single panel and it's spot on, oils up nicely and after 10 minutes cure it came of with a single swipe and you could instantly see the difference between the adjacent panels, so that's one custom wax down now one to go

New 3" downpipe has been ordered then she'll be off to get that and the intercooler fitted and stage 2 mapped, due to my back problem I've been convinced this is the best way to go saves going backwards and forwards

Last edited by Mikej857; 23-10-2016 at 01:57 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mikej857 For This Useful Post:
PIIMP (23-10-2016)
Old 07-11-2016, 11:41 PM   #27
Mikej857

Garage
Couple of bits done

Final gel overlays for the standard ST badges and after initially ordering the wrong size I got the right size for the xxr wheel centres and a custom gel overlay for the start button

These aren't easy to get made these days as ford have heavily clamped down on anyone using there logo's so personalising your car is harder but I hate the standard blue badges and the red ST badges stick out like a sore thumb against the white so they were always going to be changed, I'm extremely happy with these they've come out better than I expected and I've now just got to wrap or paint the chrome on the wheel centres black

I've also had a custom exhaust made from the cat back that finishes with a nice oval tailpipe that fills the cutout a lot better than the standard system does and offers a nice deep rumble that's not overly loud

I've yet to fit the bloody uprated intercooler but I've ordered the uprated downpipe to finish the exhaust off

It's coming together nicely
Old 08-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #28
cadmunkey
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Tidy looking car! I'll be honest I don't usually like white at all but those wheels suit it perfectly and bring the car to life. How do you rate the obsession renegade fallout remover? I'm looking for a decent one.
cadmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cadmunkey For This Useful Post:
Mikej857 (08-11-2016)
Old 08-11-2016, 06:17 AM   #29
Nick-ST
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikej857 View Post
Couple of bits done

Final gel overlays for the standard ST badges and after initially ordering the wrong size I got the right size for the xxr wheel centres and a custom gel overlay for the start button

These aren't easy to get made these days as ford have heavily clamped down on anyone using there logo's so personalising your car is harder but I hate the standard blue badges and the red ST badges stick out like a sore thumb against the white so they were always going to be changed, I'm extremely happy with these they've come out better than I expected and I've now just got to wrap or paint the chrome on the wheel centres black

I've also had a custom exhaust made from the cat back that finishes with a nice oval tailpipe that fills the cutout a lot better than the standard system does and offers a nice deep rumble that's not overly loud

I've yet to fit the bloody uprated intercooler but I've ordered the uprated downpipe to finish the exhaust off

It's coming together nicely
Where did you get your overlays from? They look good!
Nick-ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:18 AM   #30
djryan25
PC Perfectionist

There great these little fiesta's.yours looks great pal. doing a great job with the detailing to it. I had a play with my mates mountune one the other week. It did well.
djryan25 is offline   Reply With Quote