Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 05-04-2017, 02:03 PM   #101
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Steering wheel looks much better and I do like that iPad integration!
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:07 PM   #102
Brad-Smith
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoOkIeMoNsTeR View Post
Steering wheel looks much better and I do like that iPad integration!

Thanks mate. Yeah I love it. And iPad is the best thing about the interior tbh have access to everything I could need. Doesn't look original like using the Chinese models but there not very stable so prefer the use of an iPad.
Brad-Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brad-Smith For This Useful Post:
CoOkIeMoNsTeR (05-04-2017)
Old 05-04-2017, 02:22 PM   #103
DiM3ch
PC Perfectionist

Looks a really nice example that fella, here's mine

Absolutely adore it, best car I've owned I think. Spent an absolute fortune on it but wouldn't have it any other way. If your not on m3cutters or totalmcars mate get on them, loads of info etc when needed

Here's the link to my build thread if you wanted a look

http://forums.m3cutters.co.uk/showthread.php?t=134755
DiM3ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 02:55 PM   #104
Smanderson117
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiM3ch View Post

Absolutely adore it, best car I've owned I think. Spent an absolute fortune on it but wouldn't have it any other way. If your not on m3cutters or totalmcars mate get on them, loads of info etc when needed

That is a beautiful example DiM3ch! Looks spot on with the CSL bootlid. I'd love an E46 M3, more so after riding in my friends new purchase of one the other week.
Smanderson117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #105
Brad-Smith
Washmitt Meister

Quote:

That is a beautiful example mate !! I love the csl boot. Are you lowered ?

I am on m3cutters. I'll have a look at your thread.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:19 PM   #106
DiM3ch
PC Perfectionist

Got to get a csl boot, makes the rear end with the diffuser! Yeah I'm on KW V3 with turner adjustable front mounts, rogue engineering rear, Turner adjustable roll bars, powerflex rear camber arms and a full car polybush and complete suspension overhaul. It's all detailed in my thread bud for some ideas when you do yours. The handling now is beyond ridiculous lol plus the geo setup is really quite aggressive for the road
Old 05-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #107
Brad-Smith
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Got to get a csl boot, makes the rear end with the diffuser! Yeah I'm on KW V3 with turner adjustable front mounts, rogue engineering rear, Turner adjustable roll bars, powerflex rear camber arms and a full car polybush and complete suspension overhaul. It's all detailed in my thread bud for some ideas when you do yours. The handling now is beyond ridiculous lol plus the geo setup is really quite aggressive for the road

Just read your thread mate. Wow your attention to detail is amazing ! Car looks incredible. Hopefully I can get mine to a similar standard.

Definitely got even more ideas now lol
Old 05-04-2017, 07:44 PM   #108
CoOkIeMoNsTeR
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-Smith View Post
Thanks mate. Yeah I love it. And iPad is the best thing about the interior tbh have access to everything I could need. Doesn't look original like using the Chinese models but there not very stable so prefer the use of an iPad.
I think the iPad looks better tbh. Wish I'd have thought of it when I had my X5!!
CoOkIeMoNsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:13 PM   #109
DiM3ch
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-Smith View Post
Just read your thread mate. Wow your attention to detail is amazing ! Car looks incredible. Hopefully I can get mine to a similar standard.

Definitely got even more ideas now lol
Cheers buddy, it's taken a lot of effort, work and money to get it there but oh so worth it, every time I drive it which admittedly isn't often lol it just turns me into a school boy again! It's definitely worth doing the suspension, they are OK in standard form but the potential is properly realised on a good setup, leagues above oem handling without sacrificing comfort. Where abouts are you? If your local to south London your always welcome to a ride in it to help decide
Old 05-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #110
Brad-Smith
Washmitt Meister

So began fitting my eibach springs. Wow what a nightmare. Thought it would be fairly straight forward. The rears (which should be easiest) I struggled to get the spring in. They are actually larger than the originals is this right ? Also I couldn't put the bottom rubber in due to it being too big to go in the bottom of the spring, so I've had to put the top one on the bottom and nothing on the top. I'm not happy with it being like this tbh. So could anyone advise ? Struggled for ages with the front passenger side, strut didn't want to come out the hub. Finally got it in then cross threaded the drop link bolt. Managed to sort that. Then when tightening the bolts on the top of the strut I've now managed to crack the strut brace. So need a new one of those.

It seems to be sitting very low for eibachs which is what's making me worry a little bit that the rears aren't right. Soon as I've done the other side tomorrow will be getting full alignment done.

Hopefully pics tomorrow