Detailing World Forum banner

New Product: Ultra High Definition Shampoo

48K views 83 replies 48 participants last post by  Cy-Zuki 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new Autoglym shampoo this morning.

It is called Ultra High Definition Shampoo and is our flagship shampoo product.

We observed, spoke and surveyed a large number of car care users about their car cleaning methods. We asked them what they looked for in a car shampoo. Some of the people we interviewed were from Detailing World, so a massive thanks if we came out to your house a few months back!

The results showed that users look for different characteristics. Some prefer high foam, some less foam, some see shampoo as a basic commodity, and others want more from their favourite shampoo.

Our shampoo range now consists of Bodywork Shampoo, Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, and new Ultra High Definition Shampoo.

Bodywork Shampoo is a high foaming, pH neutral, 'pure' shampoo that cleans the car extremely well, but doesn't do anything else.

Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner is a low foaming, pH neutral shampoo that adds a water repellant film to surfaces to enable quick rinsing and drying. This film also acts as a gloss enhancer to visually refresh surfaces.

Ultra High Definition Shampoo is our flagship shampoo. It is a high foaming, pH neutral shampoo with a high degree of lubricity to enable wash mitts to glide over exterior surfaces effortlessly. The foam that is generated in the bucket does not collapse over time as it does with some shampoos, and is there from the start of your wash all the way to the end. This thicker foam also increases product cling time. The shampoo has a brand new fragrance that can be smelt not only in the bottle or bucket, but as you work with the product on the car. As you would expect, the product cleans incredible well and leaves paintwork with a superb, streak free finish. This shampoo does not leave any coatings or residue behind after rinsing.

This product would not have got to where it is without a shed load of assistance from Detailing World members. A massive shout out to the Observation Panel and the Autoglym Test Team whose feedback really helped us develop and tweak the shampoo.

Go Team!

See less See more
#2 ·
Usage Instructions:

How to use:

Shake well. Pour 4 capfuls into a bucket and add 10 litres of warm or cold water.
Hose bodywork to rinse away excess dirt. Always work on a cool surface, shampooing the car from the roof down, moving the sponge or wash mitt in straight lines. Do not allow the shampoo to dry on the car.
Rinse well with clean water and dry with a Hi-Tech Microfibre Drying Towel to prevent water spots.

#3 ·
Video - Hope you like it - and the car!

A note on the video, this isn't designed as a 'how to'. It was also shot over several hours and in the edit the sequence was rearranged, which is why you see bodywork, wheels, bodywork. We can assure you that the correct sequence was followed on the day during the multiple times the car was washed for various shots. We also had multiple wash mitts on set so don't worry about the same mitt being used all over the car.

#28 ·
No, this is in a 1L size only. There aren't any plans for other sizes at the moment.

What size is it in the link?
1L

Is it available in trade size?
Bit pricey otherwise
No, this isn't in a trade size.

I know it mentions '4 cap fulls' in 10ltr of water, but how much product is that in ml measurement?
40ml. Each lid is 10ml.

Looks promising.
Was a pleasure and strange experience to have the Autoglym guys come and quiz me and watch and video me on cleaning my car
Although not on the test team so have not tried the products would like too

Are there any samples available?
No samples are available of this we're afraid.

hi when will the local reps be stocking the new products :thumb:
The reps will get Ultra High Definition Shampoo at the end of May, the other three products are available now. It is on our website and in Halfords now though.

On Halfords it is listed as £17.50 (£35/L) so it must be a 500ml bottle.

http://www.halfords.com/motoring/ca...sh-wax/autoglym-ultra-high-definition-shampoo
That has is as an error, we have let them know. Thanks for pointing it out. It is a 1L bottle.

#20 ·
Looks promising.
Was a pleasure and strange experience to have the Autoglym guys come and quiz me and watch and video me on cleaning my car
Although not on the test team so have not tried the products would like too

Are there any samples available?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.