Detailing World Forum banner

New Product: Ultra High Definition Shampoo

48K views 83 replies 48 participants last post by  Cy-Zuki 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce the launch of a brand new Autoglym shampoo this morning.

It is called Ultra High Definition Shampoo and is our flagship shampoo product.

We observed, spoke and surveyed a large number of car care users about their car cleaning methods. We asked them what they looked for in a car shampoo. Some of the people we interviewed were from Detailing World, so a massive thanks if we came out to your house a few months back!

The results showed that users look for different characteristics. Some prefer high foam, some less foam, some see shampoo as a basic commodity, and others want more from their favourite shampoo.

Our shampoo range now consists of Bodywork Shampoo, Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner, and new Ultra High Definition Shampoo.

Bodywork Shampoo is a high foaming, pH neutral, 'pure' shampoo that cleans the car extremely well, but doesn't do anything else.

Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner is a low foaming, pH neutral shampoo that adds a water repellant film to surfaces to enable quick rinsing and drying. This film also acts as a gloss enhancer to visually refresh surfaces.

Ultra High Definition Shampoo is our flagship shampoo. It is a high foaming, pH neutral shampoo with a high degree of lubricity to enable wash mitts to glide over exterior surfaces effortlessly. The foam that is generated in the bucket does not collapse over time as it does with some shampoos, and is there from the start of your wash all the way to the end. This thicker foam also increases product cling time. The shampoo has a brand new fragrance that can be smelt not only in the bottle or bucket, but as you work with the product on the car. As you would expect, the product cleans incredible well and leaves paintwork with a superb, streak free finish. This shampoo does not leave any coatings or residue behind after rinsing.

This product would not have got to where it is without a shed load of assistance from Detailing World members. A massive shout out to the Observation Panel and the Autoglym Test Team whose feedback really helped us develop and tweak the shampoo.

Go Team!

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#36 ·
Bought and used the HD shampoo today.

It is quite expensive for a litre of shampoo but the cap is smaller than I expected, so 4 cap fulls didn't make any impact on the bottle.

Great smell and very slick lubricity as I expected after the samples we trailed with the test team. The soapy suds literally last forever, I filled my bucket before I snow foamed and there was no degradation of suds by the time I was ready to use it. I even used my rinse bucket water to wash my wheels because it was so full of suds by the time I'd finished the body.

Awesome shampoo and I'd highly recommend anyone to try it.

#45 ·
The soapy suds literally last forever, I filled my bucket before I snow foamed and there was no degradation of suds by the time I was ready to use it. I even used my rinse bucket water to wash my wheels because it was so full of suds by the time I'd finished the body
Totally agree - used this on my daughter's Clio at the weekend. It's a very rich shampoo, with a slick feel. Might reduce to 3 cap fulls next time.

#37 ·
I'm currently using ag bodywork shampoo and my only criticism is its not slick enough! Sounds like uhds addresses this issue.
One thing that's missing from uhds description is whether it leaves anything behind or is a pure shampoo?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#40 ·
I'm currently using ag bodywork shampoo and my only criticism is its not slick enough! Sounds like uhds addresses this issue.
One thing that's missing from uhds description is whether it leaves anything behind or is a pure shampoo?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Hi, this is a pure shampoo, it doesn't leave a coating behind, so leaves your wax or coating to do the beading.

#42 ·
Since my Shampoo+conditioner is almost empty.

What is the real difference between the shampoo+conditioner and the HD Shampoo?

Is it just the foam? Or something different.

What shampoo to prefer if

1)using aqua wax after the wash
or
2)using super resin polish+extra gloss protection

When available in belgium? Any date already?

Thanks

#43 ·
There is description of all the shampoos that we have on the first post in this thread, check out page 1.

Any of the shampoos can be used with Rapid Aqua Wax.

Any of the shampoos can be used with Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss Protection, although you could argue that if you are using Extra Gloss there is less of a need for the water repellent properties provided by Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner. Saying that it is certainly not detrimental to the finish, so it really just comes down to personal preference.

#48 ·
Used this at the weekend, I have a water softener and only used 2 caps. Did not need much more than this to create a rich foam.
I would say the best shampoo available from Halfords now. Performance seems better than megs ultimate and gold class albeit the megs products contain conditioners and the AG product does not.

#51 ·
I bought a bottle of the new UHD shampoo in Halfords on Friday as there was 20% off the entire AG range. £14 a bottle with the discount so not bad.

I have never been a fan of the original shampoo conditioner so I was a little nervous that this new stuff wouldn't float my boat.

I was very pleasantly surprised with the new UHD stuff. It really is an excellent shampoo, very slick, very smooth, good amount of foamy suds that cling on well. The car (a well waxed one) dried very easily afterwards too.
I would defo recommend this shampoo.

#53 · (Edited)
Tried it this evening, and from a general washing point of view it is very good and price wise it's decent when I compare it to what I normally buy in 500ml

But. Anyone noticed a change in the water behaviour of their wax or sealant when finding and drying?

My current LSP's are are fresh and predominantly strong beaders and not great at sheeting. But when rinsing off the car it had turned into a slow but effective sheeting and little to poor beading.

#60 ·
At the risk of sounding like a complete noob, how do you think it would foam up via a lance? I was thinking of that as a way of covering the car after using pre-wash.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
It does't pull through well. The neat product is quite thick. You'd have to mix up a dilution. Afraid we don't have any suggested ratios yet. It'd be a trial and error exercise.

#61 ·
Bought a bottle today after reading positive reviews. £14 with the 20% discount so not too expensive really.
Autoglym have absolutely nailed it with this shampoo. It smells great, is extremely slick and retains suds to the end of the wash. An absolute pleasure to use and I honestly cant think of a better shampoo. The one thing of note is that it does take extra rinsing as it clings so well, when you think you've got everything rinsed off go around the car again just to make sure. I was concerned that it may effect my wax after reading Yellow Dave's issue but I can say after A LOT of rinsing my wax is beading as normal.

Great product folks, well done!

#65 ·
I used my new bottle at the weekend. It cleans really well, it's slick, it smells great and the foam is really good and very long lasting. This is on a par with my current favourite shampoo from another manufacturer.

It's incredibly thick. It took a while to pour four cap-fulls into a bucket. Now I know that they're 10ml caps, I might just squirt some on to a measuring spoon and mix in. It's like treacle being poured out of the cap. My only criticism would be that it is almost annoyingly thick, and this is compared to a current favourite, which is similarly highly concentrated and very thick. With yours though I had a litre for £14 rather than 500ml.

Overall, another brilliant product from Autoglym.

#66 ·
Bought a bottle today from Halfords and washed the car when i got home.

After reading other reviews, i used a measured 30ml into just under 15L of water and got loads of thick suds. Where i live we have very nice, soft, drinkable water btw.

The suds weren't quite as mad as the suds in the AG promotional video, but they were proper thick luxury suds by any standard.

In use the shampoo felt very slippery and cleaned very well. The head of suds lasted in the wash bucket (and also in the rinse bucket) long after the car had been washed and rinsed off.

I didn't notice any problems rinsing away, as others have noted, it just needed a good rinse and the whole wash experience was hugely enjoyable.

Before i bought it, i wondered if it would be worth the 50% price premium over AG Bodywork Shampoo (blue label) as that foams up pretty well and also cleans well, but the UHD Shampoo is very enjoyable to use because of the extra suds and because it really is so slippery across the paintwork.

At the dilution i used, based on full RRP, it works out at a fraction over 50p per wash, so it isn't really expensive on the scale of things, even though it takes a bit of mental adjustment to pay that much for a bottle of shampoo....

... car shampoo that is.

When you think about it, would you consider it expensive to pay £4.30 for a 250ml bottle of high-end shower product ? or £8.60 for 500ml ?

Lets not go there .... :doublesho :lol::lol:

On reflection, I really like and rate Autoglym's new Ultra High Definition Shampoo, its a really impressive product and it makes car washing a much more enjoyable event. 10/10

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.