Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Studio
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Studio The place the Detailing World Supporters display their work for viewing : This is a subscription section you will need to go to your userCP (top left of the page) and select Paid Subscriptions for more information.

Old 25-09-2013, 05:02 PM   #31
steve from wath
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,891 Times in 1,923 Posts
can only echo what others have said

the quality of your work and background shines through (scuse the pun)

exceed what the customer expects and they will come back,carry on turning out quality,work,not quantity work
steve from wath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve from wath For This Useful Post:
Reflectology (26-09-2013)
Old 25-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #32
TonyH38
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Congratulations on a job well done
TonyH38 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyH38 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #33
Reflectology

Location: Sheffield or there or there abouts....often caught short in the Rainforests of the Shires....
Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,011 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from wath View Post
can only echo what others have said

the quality of your work and background shines through (scuse the pun)

exceed what the customer expects and they will come back,carry on turning out quality,work,not quantity work
From when i was on my YTS the sign above our heads everyday was Quality, not Quantity and it seems to have stuck.
Reflectology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-09-2013, 03:46 PM   #34
ibiza55

Thanked 1,384 Times in 1,342 Posts
Garage
Again great work, who did the work in the bodyshop, the cleaner by the looks of it.
ibiza55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ibiza55 For This Useful Post:
Old 26-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #35
braymond141
Sponge Jockey

I'm a little confused about why you deny information as to your processes. This is a huge red flag for any business I've come across that does detailing. The worst I ever talked to was a guy who said he wouldn't let anyone see anything and it was done in a windowless room. Visiting this site for years has taught me to question such detailers and immediately spot the crooks (whether they realize they are doing it wrong or not).

It's no secret how proper detailing is done and anyone in the business should be proud to show how they do things. That is what you did here in this thread after all (although not to the extent others do).

Nonetheless, nice turnaround. It's my opinion that bodyshops should just skip the detailing process and focus more on a quality spray to begin with. Leave the time consuming art of detailing to a professional.

Last edited by braymond141; 26-09-2013 at 07:55 PM.
braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #36
Reflectology

Location: Sheffield or there or there abouts....often caught short in the Rainforests of the Shires....
Thanked 2,171 Times in 1,011 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by braymond141 View Post
I'm a little confused about why you deny information as to your processes. This is a huge red flag for any business I've come across that does detailing. The worst I ever talked to was a guy who said he wouldn't let anyone see anything and it was done in a windowless room. Visiting this site for years has taught me to question such detailers and immediately spot the crooks (whether they realize they are doing it wrong or not).

It's no secret how proper detailing is done and anyone in the business should be proud to show how they do things. That is what you did here in this thread after all (although not to the extent others do).

Nonetheless, nice turnaround. It's my opinion that bodyshops should just skip the detailing process and focus more on a quality spray to begin with. Leave the time consuming art of detailing to a professional.
Its a long winded story, initially he was asking questions regarding new car prep and how they should be when purchased, questions like would there or should there be any scratches or other defects, I gave him enough information regarding this, after 10 or so 15 minutes he then started asking questions that set an alarm off and this is when i questioned who he was.

So in a short but sweet answer to your comment regarding the areas in bold.

I am no crook, i haven't done what you think i have and there were reasons behind my reluctance to share certain information.

Now on the subject of crooks i do agree with you that there are some around, some closer than you think.

For example what about the guys that constantly cover their work in heavy filling glazes prior to lSP after a "quick machine" and charge <£250-£300 for the privilege of spending 8hrs on the customers car.

Hell i went to one last week where a guy spent 8hrs on an A4 charged £250 and the car looks as though it would have been better off done at a dealership, and we all know how poor their prep. Or the Tuscan i did a month or so ago, that was blatant disrespect for the customers needs.

So i am no crook, i am a true professional who does the job correctly and in short we are few and far between.

The issue we have in this trade is that some are better than others, some are busier than others and some have a fan based that is quite frankly extremely gullible to how their work is perceived because a few of these guys wouldnt bit fit to clean my wife's groggy fiesta.

Last edited by Reflectology; 27-09-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Reflectology is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Reflectology For This Useful Post:
ianrobbo1 (27-09-2013)
Old 27-09-2013, 07:47 AM   #37
ianrobbo1
The Jokes Man

Thanked 2,910 Times in 1,574 Posts
Garage
Wouldn't mind working for someone with your attitude,

ref your last paragraph,

If your going to do the job, the least you can do is do the job to the best of your ability, and if/when you reach that limit, recognise that fact and go and take some lessons to improve yourself, so you can go that extra mile,
ianrobbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ianrobbo1 For This Useful Post:
Reflectology (27-09-2013)
Old 27-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #38
dooka
DW Supporter & Woollie Pad Man

Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,617 Posts
Garage
Great work Russ, and at least we know that it has now been done properly ..
Like you, spending many years in a body shop or similar environments, we know why these cars get sent out the way they do, pretty much purely down to cost and time. And as we know, these jobs take time to complete properly, such as this ..
dooka is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dooka For This Useful Post:
Reflectology (27-09-2013)

Tags
car detailer, detailing manchester, detailing yorkshire, evoke detailing, www.reflectology.co.uk