Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Bilt Hamber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 17-03-2016, 04:21 PM   #11
malcky
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilt-Hamber Lab View Post
4-5% will be sufficient
Thanks for the confirmation.....will add that to my list.

Graham1970, sent you a little message about your chip pan cleaning too.

Keep the suggestions coming.....I will continue to do searches for what people have done on here in the past.

Thanks
malcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #12
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 3,103 Times in 2,039 Posts
Quote:
Dwell time is important and on tyres with agitation after dwell - 10% is more than adequate and will produce spotless rubber with no damage whatsoever. Side-by-side testing on same tyre proves this product every time. Shame not more of that testing is done by those wishing to review properly as its precisely what we do when making products.
Possibly my brand of tyres then as I spray it on quite liberally, allow to dwell 2 minutes before agitating with a hard bristle brush. I don't see much wrong with my application unless I am supposed to allow it to dwell longer? I find when compared to a stronger dilution of another brand or even Surfex neat, it doesn't lift nearly as much dirt which is evident from the colour of the foam. So far with the other I have got to a 1:2 dilution without performance dropping off from neat. I imagine Surfex would be the same but for me a 1:5 dilution doesn't cut it on tyres.

Any advice for better results?

Last edited by Brian1612; 17-03-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
firehorse (23-10-2016)
Old 17-03-2016, 04:54 PM   #13
Bilt-Hamber Lab
Bilt Hamber UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Possibly my brand of tyres then as I spray it on quite liberally, allow to dwell 2 minutes before agitating with a hard bristle brush. I don't see much wrong with my application unless I am supposed to allow it to dwell longer? I find when compared to a stronger dilution of another brand or even Surfex neat, it doesn't lift nearly as much dirt which is evident from the colour of the foam. So far with the other I have got to a 1:2 dilution without performance dropping off from neat. I imagine Surfex would be the same but for me a 1:5 dilution doesn't cut it on tyres.

Any advice for better results?
Leave it for longer 4 or even 5 mins on heavy soiled tyres - when diluted 10% the effluent is already running off carrying soil, so don't judge how dirty the foam looks, rather a swipe test on the rinsed tyre afterwards. Try this side-by-side against the other product you use it can be surprising, would like so see it against anything at 1:5 photos would be great.
Old 17-03-2016, 06:20 PM   #14
malcky
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Dwell time is important and on tyres with agitation after dwell - 10% is more than adequate and will produce spotless rubber with no damage whatsoever. Side-by-side testing on same tyre proves this product every time. Shame not more of that testing is done by those wishing to review properly as its precisely what we do when making products.

Just so I can make a note on my list.....is there a dilution % where it could be harmful to rubber? Likewise % for paint and also % for any plastic trim areas that might cause damage.

Thanks
Old 17-03-2016, 06:21 PM   #15
Cy-Zuki
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Hmmm good thread!
Cy-Zuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2016, 06:55 PM   #16
Brian1612

Thanked 3,103 Times in 2,039 Posts
Quote:
Leave it for longer 4 or even 5 mins on heavy soiled tyres - when diluted 10% the effluent is already running off carrying soil, so don't judge how dirty the foam looks, rather a swipe test on the rinsed tyre afterwards. Try this side-by-side against the other product you use it can be surprising, would like so see it against anything at 1:5 photos would be great.
Will try this out but 4-5 mins is a bit of a long time to be waiting around. Will test 2 wheels in this fashion on the next wash though and document it with some photos for this thread.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
MaDMaXX (18-03-2016)
Old 18-03-2016, 03:15 AM   #17
MaDMaXX

can't remember the dilution, going to say ~1:1 maybe, but anyway, cleaning out dried up/gunked fuel from tanks and carburettors that sitting for two weeks in a parts washer wouldn't clear.

Surfex did it in about 5 minutes if i remember correctly.
MaDMaXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2016, 08:24 AM   #18
Bilt-Hamber Lab
Bilt Hamber UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Will try this out but 4-5 mins is a bit of a long time to be waiting around. Will test 2 wheels in this fashion on the next wash though and document it with some photos for this thread.
Well this is for your tyres which from your description are very soiled. For a proper test worth seeing do half of the 2 tyres with Surfex and the other half of each with the product which you prefer - the photos will be appreciated then.
Old 18-03-2016, 08:25 AM   #19
Bilt-Hamber Lab
Bilt Hamber UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcky View Post
Just so I can make a note on my list.....is there a dilution % where it could be harmful to rubber? Likewise % for paint and also % for any plastic trim areas that might cause damage.

Thanks
No its safe even neat
Old 18-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
malcky
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
No its safe even neat
Excellent, thanks for that....probably just need to make sure it doesn't dry on paintwork and alloys etc.