Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 13-11-2018, 05:47 PM   #1
garage_dweller
PC Perfectionist

Which steam cleaner

Looking for a steam cleaner for car and household stuff. Happy to pay up to £200. Any recomendadtions?

And how good are they at cleaning upholstery and engine bays?

Thanks
garage_dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 06:42 PM   #2
garycha
PC Perfectionist

We have the SC2 for about 3 years now. Wouldn't be without it. For home and car.

For deep cleaning dirty upholstery it is fab, but does take some time. I use it on our light beige alcanatra home settee that had had grimy kids fingers, grease and blue jeans marks on it for years. It came up great. Use small brush and MF. It is brilliant on caked burnt grease HOBBS in kitchen. It does all around taps n shower and toilets ( you can get differen coloured nozzles for 'dirty jobs'. It's piece de resistance is on polished wooden floors, where it really cleans well. Dries almost instantly too.

Black mould etc on windows (wood and upvc6 and bathrooms is no longer a problem..freezers get an instant defrost. Great for doing here Ged around dishwasher, fridge etc.

For car I have used it on brake calipers, sunroof surround and wind break to remove ve fles, on door shuts and n edges of engine bay. I have not used it on engine itself as not needed, but as am loathe to apply pressurised steam near electrics.

With hand attachment it lifts up plies in fabric, so is good to freshen spruce up car upholstery, suits, curtains etc.

A solid investment. .
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
Tyrefitter
Orbital Oracle

I’ve just been looking at the sc2 on eBay which I thought was a great bit of kit & I need to get one,,then I noticed Currys have the sc3 which is even better.Thanks Garycha for the recommendation on this.

Andy.
Tyrefitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2018, 08:29 PM   #4
garage_dweller
PC Perfectionist

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the sc3 easyfix today. Not sure what the difference is between that and standard sc3. Loaf of attachments maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #5
AnthonyUK
Sponge Jockey

I have the SC2 which does everything I need and has never run out mid job.
I have a few extra attachments such as the windows cleaner and brass bristle brushes.
Absolutely essential once you've had one.

I think I bought mine from the Karcher outlet where the difference in price between the SC2/3/4 is not so much - https://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/prod...estic-Steamers

Last edited by AnthonyUK; 14-11-2018 at 09:39 AM.
AnthonyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 09:54 AM   #6
garycha
PC Perfectionist

As Anthony says - the SC2 has available many attachments - I think there are various bundles available.

Do get a few mini brushes -red and black (colour code for hygiene) and also the brass brushes for heavier work. These all mount on nozzle. I dont think have the window attachement (unless that is the smaller wand) but have Karcher window vac for those duties. (Also a brilliant gadget)

You can buy specific MF cloths for the floor and smaller wands, and these can get costly. Mrs uses old towels cut up for dirty floors. These clamp into floor wand and can then be thrown after use - they get really black.

Alternatively use your older car MFs that are past best..
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2018, 10:37 AM   #7
garage_dweller
PC Perfectionist

I'll probably wait and see if the SC3 Easyfix premium comes in on budget on a black friday deal. That machine looks ideal and comes with a load of attachments.
Old 14-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
AnthonyUK
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_dweller View Post
I'll probably wait and see if the SC3 Easyfix premium comes in on budget on a black friday deal. That machine looks ideal and comes with a load of attachments.
It is under £100 on the outlet and £11 for a 12 month warranty so for £106 all in I don't think the sale price will get near to that but you might be lucky.
The lowest price it has ever been on Amazon is £110

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/K%C3%...uct/B077CBLBSG
Old 14-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #9
garage_dweller
PC Perfectionist

Is the outlet not refurbished units though?

Having looked further I'll probably go for the SC4. Using that tracker site the best price for that was £159.99 and I'm preperaed to wait for it to come down.

Thanks for the info
Old 14-11-2018, 12:24 PM   #10
AnthonyUK
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by garage_dweller View Post
Is the outlet not refurbished units though?

Having looked further I'll probably go for the SC4. Using that tracker site the best price for that was £159.99 and I'm preperaed to wait for it to come down.

Thanks for the info
They are refurbs but as new and you'd only know as the box is plain rather than printed.
I also have a pressure washer from there which has been great for the 3+ years I've had it.

It is worth paying the little extra for the extended warranty though as I think it is only 3 months as standard.