Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 16-11-2018, 09:59 AM   #1
beemer5711
Sponge Jockey

My review of The Rag Company

I'd just like to share my findings.
I set out to find a 'go to' set of microfibre cloths, kind of Matt Moreman package style so that it's easy to re-order to replace dead ones. So here goes...

I ordered 10 different cloths from RagMaster for each to have it's own application. This is what I ordered and for what purpose:
Platinum Pluffle - Drying towel
Eagle Edgeless 500- wax/sealant removal
Eagle Edgeless 350 - Wax/sealant removal
Creature - QD/Drying Aid
Edgeless 365 - Polish removal
Edgeless 300 - General (door shuts etc)
Edgeless 245 - Leather cleaning
Minx - Interior sensitive surfaces (dials, screens, gloss black trim, etc)
Black Diamond - Glass
Waffle Weave - Glass wipe off

Today I dug out the old daily ready for winter (an excuse to use my new cloths really...)
I cut, polished and refined the paint, waxed with double speed wax, cleaned glass, cleaned dash, cleaned leather, cleaned door shuts and I think thats it.
The uses for the microfibres differed somewhat to my intentions, here's what I found and what I'll be using them for...

Platinum Pluffle - I really wanted to like this towel but I'm not sure what to use it for. I think as a drying towel it's a bit thin and will just leave streaks. I think there is better out there for drying anyway. I don't think I'll be buying any more.

Creature - Works well with a BSD/water mix.

Black Diamond/Waffle Weave - This combo works really well on the glass.

Edgeless 300 - Removal of cutting compound, I over worked some Megs 105 so it would be difficult to remove and tried the 245, 300 and 365. The 300 had the most bite and was the nicest to use.

Edgeless 365 - Same as above, but with Megs 205 and the 365 won this in my mind.

Edgeless 245 - Works well on leather, 'scrubbed' my grubby black leather nicely.

Minx - Wax removal. I was using Bilt Hamber Double Speed Wax and tried the Eagle 350, 500 and Minx. I was surprised but the Minx won me over, it felt more solid if that makes sense? It didn't crumple up when it caught a tough bit of wax like the 350 and 500 did and felt like it removed more of the wax in one wipe while being as soft as the 500.

Eagle 500 - This is super plush and is really nice to use as a final wipe down. I reckon it would be really nice to use after a sealant like AutoFinesse Power Seal.

Eagle 350 - I have decided that this will be fine for the interior sensitive surfaces but only because I don't want it to go to waste. In future I think I will go for the Minx in a different colour, it's slightly thicker and just seems to fit better for this application.

As for the general stuff like door shuts and door cards I think I'm just going to use cheapos like the pack from ASDA that I don't care of they get ruined on the first use.

These are my findings and I'm happy with how each towel works in each application. I think every now and then I'll order one of each different towel (so ten at a time) so over time I can get rid of the lesser random towels to have an all RagMaster collection.

Would love to know if you or anyone has any opinions on The Rag Company range.
beemer5711 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to beemer5711 For This Useful Post:
CharliesTTS (16-11-2018), Demetri (16-11-2018), gaz1 (21-11-2018), Soul boy 68 (16-11-2018), tosh (22-11-2018)
Old 16-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #2
jamiepollock643
PC Perfectionist

I have used a few of their products, altho still waiting to use others. The glass towels are fantastic, both cloth and mitt style versions. The platinum pluffle I tried in the mitt format and wasn't overly impressed, the soft fibres seemed to klump and not dry the small areas I was focusing on. I would be interested in trying other drying towels from them however to see how these perform.

The eagle edgeless are fantastic, plush, thick, great quality towel. Ive yet to use the actual wash mitt.
jamiepollock643 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
bildo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Send a message via MSN to bildo
Do they sell these as a single package?
bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
neilmcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo View Post
Do they sell these as a single package?
What do you mean by "single package"? You can buy any of their cloths as single items if you want.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
neilmcl

I just used their Black Diamond and Waffle Weave cloths yesterday for the first time and was very impressed, particularly by the black diamond. I've used this type of fishscale cloth before (I have some from Paragon Microfibre) but didn't get on with them as they were too grabby but the Rag Company's version is so much better and glides easily over glass.

There's a deal on at Clean & Shiny for the glass cloths at the moment too.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2018, 07:23 PM   #6
bildo

Send a message via MSN to bildo
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcl View Post
What do you mean by "single package"? You can buy any of their cloths as single items if you want.
I was hoping they did a discount if you got the whole range.
bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2018, 09:32 PM   #7
beemer5711
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bildo View Post
I was hoping they did a discount if you got the whole range.
The prices do drop if you order 4/5 or more of the same towel IIRC.
beemer5711 is offline   Reply With Quote