Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 04-09-2018, 09:25 PM   #11
kev2005
Unwashed Member

Thanks cookies, Am i best to run a short hose to the pressure washer and then a long hose from the pressure washer out to the car or put the pressure washer say half way i.e longish hose from tap to pressure washer, then a longish hose from pressure washer to the car?

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:16 PM   #12
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,306 Times in 3,842 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
Thanks cookies, Am i best to run a short hose to the pressure washer and then a long hose from the pressure washer out to the car or put the pressure washer say half way i.e longish hose from tap to pressure washer, then a longish hose from pressure washer to the car?

Kev
What length is the hose on the lance that came with the pressure washer?

Move the pressure washer out beside the car. That's be the easiest way, rather than going to buy a new garden hose, and a new lance hose.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:27 PM   #13
kev2005
Unwashed Member

0 at the moment as i have no garden hose or pressure washer, i have nothing and trying to get an idea of whats best to buy and how to have it setup. Hence my post to try establish what would be a good setup.

Kev
kev2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kev2005 For This Useful Post:
Cookies (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 10:29 PM   #14
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,279 Posts
The shorter and fatter the hose, then the better the flow to your pressure washer inlet.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 10:55 PM   #15
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,306 Times in 3,842 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kev2005 View Post
0 at the moment as i have no garden hose or pressure washer, i have nothing and trying to get an idea of whats best to buy and how to have it setup. Hence my post to try establish what would be a good setup.

Kev
Apologies, I thought you already had the pressure washer.

Usually, the pressure washer will have a 10 metre hose going to the lance. The pressure washer will need to be placed near to the car, as that'll let you wash around it without dragging the pressure washer around with you.

Get a garden hose that's long enough to run from your tap, out to the pressure washer. I've done this many times, with the garden hose being fully extended, and the pressure washer out at the end of tge driveway, and it's never been a problem.

Hope you get sorted.

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:18 PM   #16
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,071 Posts
Garage
The HD7 is plenty for paths and cars, to be honest. That said, the HD10 gives you appreciably more punch as it flows 10 litres per minute (lpm) vs 7lpm for the HD7. It uses nearly twice as much power though, and can't run off stored water (eg water butts) so it depends if that bothers you.

Auto stop is no big deal as far as I'm concerned. The washer goes into bypass mode if you take your hand off the trigger. If you're not going to be using it for a few minutes, you can just switch it off. That said, where I use mine it's right there so it's literally three paces to turn it off. All that said if you can justify the ££ the "Total Stop" is nice to have.

To connect to a tap you need to be able to deliver at least the rated flow of the PW (ideally a good bit more) at the length of hose you expect to be using. The HD10 and HD7 both have a 10m hose as standard, so you want to get a hose pipe that is long enough to get from your tap to near your car, so that you can leave the PW still and use the 10m hose to get around the vehicle with minimal movement.

As an alternative, look into the K1050 TST. https://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/produ...essure-washer/ Built in hose reel, 12m of rubberised hose, supplied QRs for the lance and also comes with a proper Dirtkiller lance, plus it has Total Stop. Oh, and it's on wheels so much easier to move it around. If you want a real all-rounder for home and detailing use I think it's hard to beat for the price (unless you want to use stored water - but most folks don't). Flow wise, you get 8 bar more than both the HD7 and HD10, plus a little more flow than the HD7. So plenty of power, in other words.

Unless you have bad mains pressure, you should be fine with 15m of ordinary half inch (often labelled as 12mm) hose, so long as the tap is properly plumbed in (there are kits that "tee into" existing pipework but they tend to deliver very low flow rates). So test at the tap first. Run into a bucket for a minute, with the tap fully open. You want at least 10 litres, ideally 15-20 if you're thinking of the HD10. Then get a hose on a reel that gets your water to where you need the PW to be. If your flow is a bit low at the tap or you just want to be on the safe side, you could go for 3/4" hosepipe.

Hose fittings - the brass ones B&Q sell are very good. Just don't get the "auto sealing" ones since they also restrict flow.

Lastly, I'd say not to worry about replacing guns, lances and triggers etc just yet. The standard M2000 Kranzle gun is a decent bit of kit, I still use mine. The lances are all of similarly robust construction, you want to wait and see what else you actually need before you go buying lots of other gear.

Only other hint I have for now, if you do go with the K1050 machine, you'll need one of these if you ever want to connect eg a different nozzle or a foam cannon to your machine (it looks like a Kew bayonet but it's not quite the same).
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Hereisphilly (05-09-2018)