Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 01-09-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Which Kranzle?

I am replacing my Karcher after a good few years. No wheels on it now and it needs to be turned off at the plug as it is constantly on. So I am looking at a Kranzle.

Now, the models I have been looking at are the K1050P and Kranzle HD K 7/122. Unless you have other suggestions.

I need it to be powerful as our garden is large and I intend to do the patio areas and that of the greater family too, but I cannot decide which one. The K7 is 10 bar less than the K1050p.

I have between £5-600 to spend and will be fitting both a Hoselock and a Geka fitting to it.

HELP!!

Thanks Li
lijongtao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
The 1050 is a 'consumer' model. Which is marketing speak for we cut corners to bring you a cheapie. You won't like the plastic hose and you'd probably want to replace it. It also does not have a pressure adjuster - not too big a problem - but it would mean changing nozzles rather than turning a knob if you needed a reduced pressure for cleaning the engine bay say.

The K7 is well regarded. When I did my research I decided wheels were important to me so went for K1152 - patios and drive and windows and guttering were my considerations too. 1152 has a 15m hose!!

Happy choosing - buy cheaper from Germany and don't be intimidated by naysayers putting the frighteners on to buy in the UK.
Croques is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croques For This Useful Post:
lijongtao (02-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 05:19 PM   #3
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
PS
You'd be better off multiplying litres per minute by pressure and comparing that product between machines.

If you are going to clean patios a detergent Venturi (K10 K1152) may help. Venturis drop around 30 bar.
lijongtao (02-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
Justbaldchris
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
Happy choosing - buy cheaper from Germany and don't be intimidated by naysayers putting the frighteners on to buy in the UK.
Did you use a particular site to purchase from?
Justbaldchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:32 PM   #5
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,768 Times in 2,071 Posts
Garage
There's three levels of the 1050P, the top one comes with a 12m rubber hose, a dirtkiller, built in hose reel; it's a great machine.

I have the HD7/122 and it's plenty powerful though. Standard hose is 10m though, you might need an extension.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #6
Goodfella36
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,235 Posts
ill be putting up a hd10/122 in for sale section tomorrow only around 6 hours use
Goodfella36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 02:00 AM   #7
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croques View Post
The 1050 is a 'consumer' model. Which is marketing speak for we cut corners to bring you a cheapie. You won't like the plastic hose and you'd probably want to replace it. It also does not have a pressure adjuster - not too big a problem - but it would mean changing nozzles rather than turning a knob if you needed a reduced pressure for cleaning the engine bay say.

The K7 is well regarded. When I did my research I decided wheels were important to me so went for K1152 - patios and drive and windows and guttering were my considerations too. 1152 has a 15m hose!!

Grateful thanks for the advice. I'd be interested to know where in Germany you'd suggest buying from and what the savings are like. Thank You
Old 02-09-2018, 03:38 AM   #8
lijongtao
Washmitt Meister

What am I missing here?

I am looking at this model, 560 Euros from Amazon Germany and yet in the UK it is £1100 in most places.

https://www.amazon.de/Kr%C3%A4nzle-H.../dp/B003YL6UHE

Is it a refurbished? Why so cheap?
Old 02-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #9
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justbaldchris View Post
Did you use a particular site to purchase from?
ebay.de - lots of sellers. Not all advertise shipping to UK - you can ask.

Eventually this guy
(Peter Obermaier
info@maschinen-obermaier.de )
agreed to ship to UK and sold me an 1152 TST delivered to UK for around £550 two years ago. I found they got cheaper and were on 'sale' around the Christmas holidays.

If you are serious about patio cleaning and it is big area just using a nozzle will take ages. The Kranzle UFO surface cleaner could make up part of your deal. I made the mistake and had to buy mine separately later when I realized how naff nozzle cleaning large areas was.

Also shoot into Aldi right now. My local had pressure washer detergent, 5L for $3.49!! You could call it snow foam and charge us mugs £25!

PS The Euro exchange rate was more favourable two years ago than now.

Last edited by Croques; 02-09-2018 at 10:40 AM. Reason: added PS
lijongtao (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #10
Croques
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lijongtao View Post
What am I missing here?

I am looking at this model, 560 Euros from Amazon Germany and yet in the UK it is £1100 in most places.

https://www.amazon.de/Kr%C3%A4nzle-H.../dp/B003YL6UHE

Is it a refurbished? Why so cheap?
If it is too good to be true it is! Be careful you'd never get the item and would be forever chasing your money. Amazon seems not to care about these con merchants.

You'd be better off looking on ebay.de and paying by PayPal; then you know you can get your money back if it all goes wrong.

Also be careful of the specifications; these machines pull 14.3 Amps. Whilst you may get away with it, UK domestic mains is rated at 13A max from any one socket. Kranzle UK claim they 'adapt' their 14.3A machines to run on UK mains. I can only think that means they put an over-rated fuse in the plug. Your mains circuit breaker (15A) might still pop on machine start.

Last edited by Croques; 02-09-2018 at 10:11 AM.
lijongtao (02-09-2018)