Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Nanolex
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
Nanolex
Nanolex Director

Thanked 1,034 Times in 552 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Nanolex
Arrow Nanolex'd your car?

Hi guys & gals,

we still add features and sections to the website, currently we work on a reference section where we'll post pics & comments from our customers.

If you have recently nanolex'd your car please send us pics/vids and some words if you like - we'll add them to the gallery!

For the pros - we'll add a professional customer section where pro customers can add pictures/videos of reference cars.

Also we will start a "Nanolex Approved Detailer" program - please let us know if you are interested! NAD's will be featured on a frontpage banner, will receive marketing material etc.!

Questions and comments much appreciated, cheers,

Florian
Old 13-01-2010, 07:17 PM   #2
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 15,998 Times in 5,919 Posts
Garage
Florian will try and get some pics sent to you
Old 15-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #3
Nanolex
Nanolex Director

Thanked 1,034 Times in 552 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to Nanolex
The first pics are online, check out the product sites
Old 05-08-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
Beyond_Details
Unwashed Member

Would be interested in NAD title, but the problem is, I can't get my hands around these Nanolex products. There's no importer for them in Finland. Damned.
Beyond_Details is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #5
Dizzle77
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,204 Times in 569 Posts
Garage
Nanolex'd my car this weekend. Got the Premium Paint and Glass sealant treatment.

Post here : http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=181382

Let me know if you want me to send any pics or you can just grab from thread....

Dizzle77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Crash Master
Washmitt Meister

Where's the cheapest place to get the Nanolex Ultra sealant?
Crash Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2012, 01:34 PM   #7
CrazyDave
Sponge Jockey

Nanolex Ultra on order from Poilished Bliss, I will post up some results when I apply it, might be a week or two as I want to do it as part of a mega detail when the weather warms up!
CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyDave For This Useful Post:
John @ PB (14-02-2012), Nanolex (15-02-2012)
Old 14-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #8
Fish
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Think i4Detailing might have some. They did the other week.

Fish
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fish For This Useful Post:
Nanolex (15-02-2012)
Old 19-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #9
CrazyDave
Sponge Jockey

Hi All,

I was planning to do a full on detail of my whole car, but it is going to be done in dribs and drabs, but I have nanolex'd my windscreen so here are my impressions. This was done back in March so it has had time to bed in, and now we have some proper rain I can assess the performance.

Firstly I would say I am comparing Nanolex Ultra to Rainex, which I have got on with ok generally, just found it a bit smeary at times, as if the wiper spreads a thin film of water which takes a second to clear, which can be a bit distracting. Also performance with Rainex seems to fall off after a few weeks.

So, Nanolex Ultra. Firstly the application is a little different. The product came without instructions but a little common sense and a quick visit to the Nanolex website confirmed what to do. Windscreen was thoroughly cleaned with IPA and the worn wipers were replaced at the same time and cleaned as well to be sure.

A make up cotton pad was used to apply which worked well. One thing in comparison to Rainex is that you will need to move fast. Rainex can be applied in a leisurely manner, not so Nanolex which seems to dry very quickly. Not an issue, you just can’t hang about! I found I used much less product than expected, which offsets the price. Product polished off easily and left a very clean looking screen. I was concerned that I might not have got an even coat, but it seems fine. I may apply a second coat later in the year to top up and reinforce the protection.

For the first few weeks after application I have driven in almost no rain but some mist and drizzle, so no real chance to evaluate properly although the screen was obviously repelling water well. Lots of screenwash and wiper use along with several washes in this time. Obviously the weather has changed and over the past few days I have had chance to see the results in full rain.

Overall I would say I am very happy with the effect. It is possible to drive at 50-60mph without wipers (not that I am suggesting or recommending it!) with the water beads rolling up the windscreen. I am impressed that after several weeks of screenwash and wiper use there is no difference between the wiped and unwiped part of the screen, as if the wipers have not worn the product away. This is noticeable when the car is parked with a wet windscreen, there are no wiper marks. The need for wiper use in normal or heavy rain is significantly reduced, and the screen cleans much easier. There is little or no evidence of smearing with the wipers.

I would definitely recommend this product. I was initially a little put off by the price, but you get what you pay for, and judging by the small amount used and the apparent durability it is actually not bad value. I hope this little review helps anyone thinking of trying Nanolex Ultra, I would say go for it!
CrazyDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #10
Onrcnn
Sponge Jockey

About 2 months ago i did my own car and a friends with premium. On the midnight purple the shine it added is more obvious, here are the videos which is a bit crappy..

p.s: We applied premium paint, ultra glass and cabrio protection

Onrcnn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Onrcnn For This Useful Post:
camerashy (08-10-2015)