Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 14-02-2018, 06:45 PM   #1
snapsnap
Washmitt Meister

'Budget' pressure washer with anti-twist hose

Do the pressure washer afficionados out there know what is the first model in the Karcher and Nilfisk ranges (and any other if these are any) that feature the anti twist hoses?

I am sick of my curly hose but finding it difficult to justify spending £40-£50 on a hose for what was a £120 machine when new that is now 3-4 years old (and will not break!) Is a Nilfisk btw.
snapsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:09 PM   #2
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapsnap View Post
Do the pressure washer afficionados out there know what is the first model in the Karcher and Nilfisk ranges (and any other if these are any) that feature the anti twist hoses?

I am sick of my curly hose but finding it difficult to justify spending £40-£50 on a hose for what was a £120 machine when new that is now 3-4 years old (and will not break!) Is a Nilfisk btw.
It'll be a lot cheaper than buying a new machine though.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:15 PM   #3
Forsh

Garage
I understand your issue when you dont spend big on the washer then why spend big on the hose?

...But... a quality hose, with care, will last longer than the cheep pressure washers and can be swapped from machine to machine with years of kink free enjoyment!

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:16 PM   #4
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,748 Times in 2,057 Posts
Garage
Upgrade the hose and the gun together, with adapters to connect it to your current machine. Then if it dies, you just need a different adapter (and maybe some new nozzles).
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #5
JoeyJoeJo
Orbital Oracle

I recently got a K4, quite a large rrp, still a very kinky hose.
Even if you spend a couple of hundred, you'll still be disappointed with the hose imho.
JoeyJoeJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 08:37 PM   #6
snapsnap
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Upgrade the hose and the gun together, with adapters to connect it to your current machine. Then if it dies, you just need a different adapter (and maybe some new nozzles).
This is pretty much what I have been thinking, albeit re-use of existing gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo View Post
I recently got a K4, quite a large rrp, still a very kinky hose.
Even if you spend a couple of hundred, you'll still be disappointed with the hose imho.
Interesting.

Good input everyone - thanks.
snapsnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:28 PM   #7
Mcpx

My £40 qwashers hose is on its third machine. Think of it as an investment. To get a Suoerflex hose on a Nilfisk machine you are looking at E140+ models, so upwards of £280ish, even then it’s only a 8 or 9mtr hose.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mcpx For This Useful Post:
snapsnap (15-02-2018)
Old 15-02-2018, 08:50 AM   #8
percymon

Garage
Just a word of warning - whilst a better hose will undoubtedly resolve any kinking issues, you may need a swivel at the gun end to stop twisting during use, especially if you intend to leave the PW in one position and go all around the car. A better hose also has a downside in that its a lot stiffer to wind/coil ready for storage - it can be like fighting a snake if you don't have enough room to lay the hose out in a straight line prior to recoiling. Of course you can install a HP hose reel but then you are at £100 for a 10m hose, link hose and wall mounted reel.
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:29 AM   #9
\Rian
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Nilfisk E140 3.9

My Nilfisk E140 3.9 has an "anti Kink hose" it is much better than most that come with pressure washers, it still kinks a bit but not much to grumble about. I do plan on upgrading soon tho. So even the Nilfisk "anti Kink hose" is not that great, like everyone else on hearsays, get the upgraded hose and look to get a new pressure washer when yours dies, you will be able to keep the hose
\Rian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #10
pxr5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpx View Post
My £40 qwashers hose is on its third machine. Think of it as an investment. To get a Suoerflex hose on a Nilfisk machine you are looking at E140+ models, so upwards of £280ish, even then it’s only a 8 or 9mtr hose.
Mcpx, I've got a qwashers hose on a 2012 C110 Nilfisk. I've tried to assess which new Nilfisks will still take my hose and despite some answers here and in my own research I can't find a ********** answer. Could you tell me which ones you've used with your hose please. A new PW absolutely has to work with the hose.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote