Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 08-12-2018, 01:54 AM   #1
tishobg
Unwashed Member

Can Fusso Coat be applied on top of a a glaze?

Hello fellow Detailers!

I have gotten myself the famous Soft99 Fusso Coat 12-month. I want to prep the paint before the sealant and as a result I bought Megs Ultimate Compound for the removal of heavier scratches and Autoglym SRP (Super Resin Polish) for the final polish and glaze.

Once I’m done with the SRP, that’s when I want to apply the Fusso Coat. To retain the amazing shine and filling capabilities of SRP while having a long lasting protection. That’s my idea.

Is this going to work well and will the SRP hold up for 5-6 months if under a layer of sealant such as the Fusso coat? I wax my car twice a year. Or should I put the fusso coat and apply RSP on top of it? I’d prefer to have fusso as the last layer as it’s beading is unmatched. Any input is greatly appreciated!
tishobg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #2
andy_ad567
Washmitt Meister

If you apply the fusso coat on top of the SRP then it will most likely not last the 12 month as the 12 month claimed protection would be on bare paint for example polishing the paint work then removing all residues of polish via panel wipe or similar so the wax has a bond to the paint itself. Hope that makes sense.

If you want to keep the filling properties of the SRP then yes sure you can put the wax on top but just make a note that it wont be likely to last the stated 12 months so it may be worth while re coating after 3 to 6 months or after seeing signs of the coating deteriorating.
andy_ad567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 11:42 AM   #3
tishobg
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_ad567 View Post
If you apply the fusso coat on top of the SRP then it will most likely not last the 12 month as the 12 month claimed protection would be on bare paint for example polishing the paint work then removing all residues of polish via panel wipe or similar so the wax has a bond to the paint itself. Hope that makes sense.

If you want to keep the filling properties of the SRP then yes sure you can put the wax on top but just make a note that it wont be likely to last the stated 12 months so it may be worth while re coating after 3 to 6 months or after seeing signs of the coating deteriorating.

What would you recommend in this case? I have read the Fusso Coat is a medium shine wax with average filling capabilities, isn't it? The shine seen by SRP seems out of this world.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:02 PM   #4
stangalang
king of the flexonian

Thanked 10,609 Times in 4,934 Posts
Garage
There is no way around these questions. Glazes effect an LSP's durability, period. If you are buying fusso for its long term protection then you are doing it a disservice applying it over a product that has a fraction of its durability.

BUT, fusso does fill relatively well imo. So I would say if the swirls are minimal then use a couple coats of fusso. If they are worse then come to terms with the fact that its durability will be compromised.
stangalang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stangalang For This Useful Post:
jdo (08-12-2018)
Old 08-12-2018, 12:28 PM   #5
tishobg
Unwashed Member

Is there a better alternative? I bought the Fusso for its unmatched beading performance and durability, but even 6 months of protection is enough for me as I was before and after winter anyways.

Swirls are mostly noticeable on the hood and fenders, Otherwise they’re nearly impossible to notice but they’ll be removed with the Ultimate Compound anyways. Should I just follow up with Ultimate Polish instead?

It’s in reaity not so much the filling capabilities rather than the deep gloss shine SRP gives. Have yet to use any of the two products but based on videos on the webs, SRP is slightly shinier than Fusso. I might be wrong here, so I’m open to being corrected 😄