Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Kranzle
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2018, 04:58 PM   #281
MBRuss
Orbital Oracle

Thanks William. I really appreciate your comprehensive answer. That puts my mind to rest.

Thanks
Russell

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
MBRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:31 PM   #282
Mr Whippy
Washmitt Meister

Just curious how rusty the hose to gun union should get?

I’ve had this washer about 3 months and used it about 10 times, with this connection been on/off each time.

Is this likely to impact seal performance and removal/refitting?

Out of curiosity do QR and swivel joints exist for this connection? Do I need a new pipe and gun? Or can I buy the parts to fit (properly, not stick out adding)?
Do Kranzle do trade ins if I need new hoses and a gun?

Thanks

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 76AA212E-9E16-49B0-A461-C2057BA8D740.jpg (17.2 KB, 124 views)

Last edited by Mr Whippy; 11-06-2018 at 10:33 PM.
Mr Whippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #283
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

I wouldn’t be concerned with the fitting on the end; they can get much worse than that and still work perfectly. On a service we often just clean them off with a wire brush and grease them. Even when they get bad it’s still not difficult to replace the O-ring. I would suggest rubbing that with a little sand paper and then applying a little grease or Vaseline to the end if it worries you.

They do quick release fittings after the trigger (for swapping lances) which you can do that with the machine and water supply still on, if you haven’t connected them correctly you could just release the gun and the spray will stop.
Q/R fittings on the end of the hose don’t have the same safety because if they pop off, you wouldn’t be able to stop the spray quickly.
You can fit after market Q/R fittings before the trigger, but it’s not an option that Kranzle list because of strict safety laws in various countries that they comply with.

You would have to ask your local agent/supplier about trading in a gun or lance to see if that is something they can do.

William
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:23 PM   #284
vectra
PC Perfectionist

Hi,
I recently purchased a 1050 TS, but have only managed to use it 3 times in as many months due the the hose ban currently in place, I am wondering if this washer can be used from a water butt?
if so, Do I srop a supply hoes in the top of the Butt or should I need to try get a tap fitted to the bottom of the butt?
Thanks for any info.
vectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2018, 09:56 AM   #285
Kranzle
Kranzle UK

Hi, check online through the details provided by your water company, but cleaning your car with a hose pipe will use far more water than through a pressure washer. Using a pressure washer is usually ok while a hose pipe ban is in place. I can post a few links confirming this from some water companies, plus there is another thread on detailing world all about the hose pipe ban and pressure washers: http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=406873

To answer your question, the 1050 will not suck water out from a water tank. Some brands say their machines *can run from a tank* but they don’t say it can suck water from a tank, usually they will mean if the large water tank is elevated, like in the loft and you have a wide bore hose down to the machine or having a water pressure booster or submersible pump then it can run from a water tank. If there is sufficient flow and pressure then its fine but to avoid any damage to the pump its best to have that machine connected to the mains tap.
Other models do suck water from a pump with no issues, those have larger pumps and slower motors.
Kranzle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kranzle For This Useful Post:
vectra (15-08-2018)
Old 20-08-2018, 01:03 PM   #286
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
You can also use a small pump in a water butt to give a pressure that your 1050 will run from.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2018, 10:44 PM   #287
jonjay
PC Perfectionist

Hi Kranzle,

Im in the market for a new pressure washer. Just spent nearly £200 on a gun/lance, quick release fittings etc..etc..

I am considering two machines
- k10/122TS
or
- 1152 TST

Which one would you recommend? I understand the 1152 is slightly more powerful. Is it enough of a difference to make any difference? They flow the same amount of water...
jonjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kranzle