Detailing World Forum banner

Help with Kamikaze Coatings - Curing times

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Jim-R 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I hope this is the right section! I've recently purchased Kamikaze Miyabi, ISM and Overcoat, to go on my soon new (used) car, and I was wanting some help from the Kamikaze users?

The question I have is with regards to the curing times. Once I've prepped the paint (wash, clay, Decon, polish etc), from what I've read, Miyabi should go first, then ISM should be layered on top, how long should I wait from the application of Miyabi to Applying ISM? Also, I know these coatings are better suited to applying indoors, what I also wanted to ask was, if for example, I have to apply these outdoors, and I've just applied Both coatings, can I apply overcoat to protect the coatings underneath until they have fully cured, kind of like Cquartz and Reload, incase it rains?

Hope the above makes some sense lol :wave:

Thanks for your help,

Jas

#2 ·
Hi guys,

I hope this is the right section! I've recently purchased Kamikaze Miyabi, ISM and Overcoat, to go on my soon new (used) car, and I was wanting some help from the Kamikaze users?

The question I have is with regards to the curing times. Once I've prepped the paint (wash, clay, Decon, polish etc), from what I've read, Miyabi should go first, then ISM should be layered on top, how long should I wait from the application of Miyabi to Applying ISM? Also, I know these coatings are better suited to applying indoors, what I also wanted to ask was, if for example, I have to apply these outdoors, and I've just applied Both coatings, can I apply overcoat to protect the coatings underneath until they have fully cured, kind of like Cquartz and Reload, incase it rains?

Hope the above makes some sense lol :wave:

Thanks for your help,

Jas
Have always roughly followed the manufacturers instructions. I usually leave Myabi on 30 mins to cure before removing any excess residue. At this point there's no reason to apply ISM however I prefer to leave it an hour this helps Myabi further harden. ISM is apply a panel at a time upon completion of second panel remove the first and so on. If applying outside try to stick to the lower recommendations for curing time. (Temperature dependant) Also keep an eye on any airbourne contaminants on the surface. With the design of both Kamikaze products you won't suffer the dreaded water spotting. Both products do take further time to fully cure so in a perfect world the car should remain dry where practically possible. :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.