Detailing World Forum banner

Karcher K3.65 leaky pressure washer

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Sh1ner 
#1 ·
Hi there, I've had a Karcher K3.65 for a few years and recently it's started to develop a leak. Has anyone stripped down and rebuilt a Karcher - either this model or any kind - and is it easy enough?

I've looked into the seals I need and I've contacted a spare parts stockist to see if they'll do me a complete kit for it!

Once I've done that I'm sure it'll be like new, but I'm wondering if it's even worth the hassle.

Cheers, Euan!

Please let me know/move this to the appropriate place if I'm in the wrong area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Yes, most Karchers are easy to take apart but you need to understand water and electricity do not mix and also have the tools and skills to complete the repair.
Safety must come first and if you do not understand what you are doing then don't do it.
I usually take the cover off and then run the machine to establish where the leak is from before dismantling. Cylinder heads, elbows, o rings etc can open up/leak under pressure and remain unseen when not.
Once the whereabouts of the leak is determined then you can make a decision whether to dismantle further.
Karcher spares can be ridiculously expensive and it is often this that writes the machine off, as uneconomic to repair.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.