Detailing World Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Downloadable 'DO NOT WASH MY CAR' sign.

287K views 115 replies 88 participants last post by  jactac 
#1 · (Edited)
Please DO NOT wash my car sign.​

I have created this polite sign with the backing of the DW team, asking the dealership/whoever not to wash the car while it's in for a service or other work etc,

The reason behind the sign is this thread, :detailer:
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=143652

I hope its of use to some, I for one will be using it.

The file size is :- 356kb
The px are:- 1800 x 1200
Word Doc Size :- 970KB

1,Please do not wash my car With text "click here to download"
2,Please do not wash my car With Pictures "click here to download"
3,Please do not wash my car With Text & Pictures foldable "click here to download"
4,Please do not wash my car With Text & Pictures foldable MS WORD "click here to download"

Saving the Picture,
Click the link 1, 2, 3, (new window will open)
Right click the mouse or touch pad
Save picture as,
Choose your location
the click save...(you now have a copy saved on your computer)

Saving the MS WORD DOC
Click the link
POP up will open asking you to save the file
click save....(you now have a copy saved on your computer)

:thumb:

Stephen
"DW's Graphics Man"

See less See more
#35 ·
Well I had the car serviced this morning and I left a couple of the signs in the car when I parked up and also asked the service receptionist to put do not wash on the Job Sheet.

Got the car back at lunchtime unwashed :D and when I got the keys back from the Seat Technician he commented that the signs were a good idea as when he previously worked at a VW dealership they had problems with chrome trim being damaged by the chemicals used by in-house valeters. And he commented by me taking care of the car myself I could at least choose what products to use

Anyway they probably think I'm mad :lol: but at least they didn't wash the car

#36 ·
I've just downloaded this, What a great idea!!!

I took the GF's old R32 to Manchester VW after i'd spent two days getting rid of swirls and marring from its previous owner. We went with the potential buyer so that VW could give it the once over.

Pulled into the garage with it gleaming and gave it a quick detail to remove any crap from the 20 minute journey to be handed back the keys half an hour later having been jet washed........ The car was gleaming so why would they feel the need to wash it.!!!

Anyway the sun dried it complete with nice water spots!

#59 ·
I'm putting these to their first proper test today - three signs in different places, a chat with the service manager, and fingers crossed.

I think he was a little offended actually - his initial response was "it's ok, we hand-wash everything here", and it took some persuading that I REALLY didn't want them to wash the car.

I'll find out tomorrow evening if they listened, but I did take some video under the sun-gun to prove the "before" condition.

Paranoid? Me?!

Maybe a little, but it's all YOUR FAULT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.