Detailing World Forum banner

What has gone wrong? Help!

19K views 67 replies 30 participants last post by  EliteCarCare 
#1 ·
Collected my car from a detailer on Tuesday. Car had all the stages before paint correct, paint correction than Gtechniq serum + exo and applied to paint work.

Washed it today for the 1st time using the below products.

AF snow foam pre wash
2x gtech mits
2x grit buckets
2x AF towels

Now I have bad marring and holograms in the paint in direct sunlight. To be fair, the weather was crap when I picked the car up so I couldn't check for marring.

Pretty gutted and I'm confident that my cleaning methods are not the issue.

Obviously the detailer wants to see the car (don't think they are on here) but I'm a little nervous about taking it back. This is not bash the detailer thread, I just to know and understand the best port of call moving forwards.

Any ideas on what's gone wrong?

Car is a black Megane R26R.

See less See more
#48 ·
I think it's only fair they get a second chance. I'm not a detailer so I don't know the in and outs however I'm sure detailers on here come accross issues occasionally.

If this happens again I will be getting my money back, that's a given.

#52 ·
I know I'm blunt and rude, but I do tend to agree with Chongo. I'd willingly work on someone's car for money, but would never let them pay me or take it away if there was that much damage on the paintwork.
You folks know better than me how many microns of clear-coat would have to me removed to correct it each time.
Good luck.

#58 ·
Picked it's up yesterday, looks good, went over every inch before driving off. I'm assuming that 100% crrection is a very time consuming thing so I would say there are approx 1-2 very fine scratches approx 1" long in every square foot. Being black they stand out with sun gun.

I'm not washing the car for a week to be sure the coating has fully cured, than we shall see!

The guy said if I have anymore issues I can have my money back, his offer not my request so let's see what happens. Don't want the money just a paint corrected car with cermaic coating :confused:

Plastics on the front bumper and side window trims have started to dull after C4 which I find odd, so I have ordered some C4 myself. Will prep areas and apply. If after a few washes all is fresh than maybe this was not applied when requested. We shall see.

#66 ·
Sorry mate, I'm confused -
At 11:02 yesterday you posted this

Picked it's up yesterday, looks good, went over every inch before driving off. I'm assuming that 100% crrection is a very time consuming thing so I would say there are approx 1-2 very fine scratches approx 1" long in every square foot. Being black they stand out with sun gun.

I'm not washing the car for a week to be sure the coating has fully cured, than we shall see!
Then just over 2 hours later you post this -

Money is being refunded as I type this as marrying is still there in direct sunlight.

I'm not going to post up the detailer as he has tried and refunded.

I hope someone else will take this on and not think I'm expecting to much.
I'm assuming this was the first time you then saw it in direct sunlight, given that you said you went over every inch of it using a sun gun when you actually picked it up?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.