Detailing World Forum banner

Whats this?

6K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  nick_mcuk 
#1 · (Edited)
hi, does anyone know what this is on my car? i put some touch up on my car as a temporary fix. After 24 hours i went over the area with a black hexlogic pad and sonax perfect finish. Inside the black line the paint looks a darker blue, and outside it looks duller.

has the paint been damaged or is the paint duller in areas due to not being polished?
Thanks

See less See more
#11 ·
It seems now that you have mentioned it, that it's located on the rear bumper edge and it looks like your bumper has had a respray at some point, because just to the left of the mark there are tiny dust marks under the clear. Now you could try and get a sponge foam hand pad and with some finishing polish and with only a tiny bit of polish begin to work lightly around the edge of the damage area. Make sure your hand pad has polish on it so your not touching the paint with no polish on it, and see if that makes a difference.

See plastic bumpers tend to heat up a lot faster than other parts of the cars body especially on the edge. If not pop down to your local body shop and they will probably tell you you need a full rear bumper respray or look up a local smart repair person

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.