Detailing World Forum banner

Got a question for the DW Supporters (Pros)

109K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  lowejackson 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Hi,needing a bit of advice on the machineing end of things,after each stage is it ok just to wipe off the excess with a MF or would a panel wipe or cleaner be best before the next stage,thanks in advance:thumb:
If you mean going from cutting to finishing polish stages then just a MF would be fine, just make sure it's soft and not likely to marr the surface, rub it on a cd to test if need be, once the panels are ready for the last step product (sealant or wax) then give a wipe down with Isopropanol to remove any oils.:thumb:

#6 ·
Hi i tryed DA ing for the first time and i used my new MACallister from b and q and a combo of lime prime and menz yellow pad, i first did it on my dads renault van then on my audi A3 which is lava grey. when finished polishing and buffed off after a few minutes a kind of haze forms that messes with the light a bit like marring. what caused this as my combo isnt the most abrasive!

thanks christian

#7 ·
Sounds like buffer trails or holograms, can be caused by not working the polish for long enough, try priming up the pad first by rubbing the LP well into the pad, then take a slow approach and try not to take the speed up above 1500rpm then work thoroughly until clear, due to the slight abrasive nature of LP it sounds like it hasn't been fully broken down.
I've had issues before using LP by rotary on certain paints, if the above doesn't work then a different/dedicated finishing polish may be required.

#8 ·
Hi im struggling with a new car done loads of detailing in the past on my own and other peoples cars always had good results. I have a black bmw and cannot remove hollowgraming tried by machine and today focusing on the bonnet by hand it still will not shift any ideas ive tried assorts im using meguiars ultimate compound atm b

#14 ·
I would use Lime Prime lite ideally with a machine polisher, if not microfibre cloth. For black I would do it 3 times with Dodo Lime Prime Lite and wash between stages then apply a quality wax like Purple Haze Pro.
It's all in the prep so make sure the vehicle has been clayed thoroughly.
Good luck.
J.
Here's a Jaguar that covered 114,000 miles, it was tired to say the least....

#20 ·
Going to be honest here,

I don't really understand the need or point of lime prime.

If you've washed and polished a car, ipa wiped it down and protected it, what's the need to use a pre wax cleaner?
In the circumstances being described above (OP still getting holograms) - LP whilst technically is a pre wax cleanser, it's nice and oily (so good for soft paints) and can correct paint a little if worked long enough due to the abrasives it contains

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.